Have I killed my m8's Tosh ?

1 view

DVD2

Apr 17, 2002, 8:03:59 PM4/17/02
Toshiba S1620
----------------
Wiped everything and reinstalled W98SE, Updated the Bios to 1.08
(successfully I thought) installed all the drivers for modem, graphics etc.
Just had the sound drivers to figure out but it was getting late so turned
it off and went to bed (disconnected it from the mains)
When I went to turn it on this evening all I get is about 5 seconds of the
HD drive spinning over then it shuts itself down. I get nothing on the
screen or a monitor. Wont boot from either a floppy or CD either (infact I
couldn't even open the CD drive)

Scratching my head a bit now and my m8 will be round tomorrow evening
!!!!!!!!
Pretty sure the bios was flashed ok as it worked fine after. In fact
everything was ok when I shut it down last night but now nothing.

Any ideas anyone ???

Yours
Desperate :(

Seinman

Apr 18, 2002, 4:17:13 AM4/18/02
Make sure the HDD is seated fully in the bay.

"DVD2" <bc...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

gilbert fleming

Apr 18, 2002, 5:46:01 AM4/18/02
I am having the same problem as yourself.....see message posted to group
with the heading power problems.

gilbert fleming

Apr 18, 2002, 5:47:53 AM4/18/02
see above message.....Toshiba Satellite 4100 X CDT power problems....what
machine you got there?

DVD2

Apr 18, 2002, 1:46:38 PM4/18/02
And now it works for absolutely no apparent reason what so ever ???????????
Just kept on pressing the "on" button and eventually it booted. Spoke to my
m8 and he said it had done this once before !!!!!! Bastard, could have told
me this before. I've spent the last 24 pulling my hair out. I'm afraid to
turn it off now!
Oh well, alls well the ends well I suppose.
Thanks to the people who took the time to mail me & post a reply, much
appreciated :)

Cheers
Rob