Lucid Remix is released! What next?

Сергей

Feb 3, 2011, 5:41:55 PM2/3/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
Good time of day everyone,

I'm happy to announce that Ubuntu Furry Remix 10.04 is released! Go grab it while it's hot, and thank our anonymous friend and Sam for fast and reliable hosting!

I'll write an overview of changes made since 9.10 soon. While I'm stuck with release-related paperwork, you can:
  • Download and test it
  • Take screenshots (1024x768 please, no external additions) (yes, we'll really need them)
  • Read the release notes
  • Record DVDs for friends
  • Take a screencast (read this first, then go get Kazam)
  • Add the project to the list of ubuntu derivatives
  • Celebrate the release
  • Post an article to Flayrah
  • Spread the word in your blog or a community
  • Test our blank wiki at live.ufurmix.org (thanks Sam!)
  • Think of future features
  • Request an @ufurmix.org email and Jabber address as a recognition of your contributions
Sincerely,
--
happy and relieved Shnatsel

Xorrito

Feb 3, 2011, 10:21:43 PM2/3/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
oh! send me screen shots! for the webpage!
--
Xorrito

Сергей

Feb 6, 2011, 8:43:15 AM2/6/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, me too. I need them for release announcements, wikifur article and so on.

I wonder what the project will look like after I'm gone if even screenshots are not taken without me...

Сергей

Feb 11, 2011, 1:42:09 PM2/11/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
Daemon took some screenshots. Thanks!

Сергей

Feb 14, 2011, 2:43:23 AM2/14/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
Even better screenshots by Daemon: http://wefurries.rusfur.net/node/237
Thanks again!

Xorrito

Feb 14, 2011, 8:35:51 AM2/14/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
I'll add them to the website when i get back from school!
oh and for video editing will it be good to add openshot? just say the new release in "omg Ubuntu"

2011/2/14 Сергей <shna...@gmail.com>

--
Xorrito

Сергей

Feb 14, 2011, 9:47:59 AM2/14/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
I'm sure OpenShot is good, I'm not sure if we need a video editor by default at all.

The work-in-progress website looks nice! However, there are several things I'd change:
- the navigation bar is totally gray, that gray makes all other colors look faded. For example, blue would be better.
- the left visual (logo + question mark) looks too cluttered in the center and too empty on the edges. I'd make the question mark red (like the paw) and put it beside the paw. Probably the paw won't be centered this way (the rays still should be coming from the paw, I think). And consider removing the black background, it makes this pic look inconsistent with the others.

Сергей

Сергей

Feb 17, 2011, 6:48:00 AM2/17/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
I've updated the WikiFur article with release description, didn't upload screenshots and logo yet. http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Ufurmix
Then I've notified GreenReaper and he posted a short article to Flayrah: http://www.flayrah.com/3442/ubuntu-furry-remix-gets-paint-job-bamboo-support
The release announcement was also posted to our local news website and discussed on its radio. I also hope to see an article in a local web-magazine.

Stuff left in my TODO list:
1) Write an open letter to CreatureS
2) Do something to start work on the next release
3) Give away @ufurmix.org emails to contributors

Adam

Feb 17, 2011, 7:02:16 AM2/17/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
I'll translate wikifur article to polish when I got some free time.