Ubunchu Chapter 6

oxhey

May 31, 2010, 5:34:28 AM5/31/10
to Ubunchu!
When s It Coming Out?

Carlos Andrés Solís

May 31, 2010, 1:02:47 PM5/31/10
to ubunchu-t...@googlegroups.com
Short answer: whenever Seotch finishes drawing it, it will be released in Japanese. The English translation depends wholly from the scanlators from this mail-list.
- Carlos Solís

2010/5/31 oxhey <lazi...@googlemail.com>
When s It Coming Out?

Martin Owens

May 31, 2010, 5:55:32 PM5/31/10
to ubunchu-t...@googlegroups.com
It's more that we're waiting on the publishing of the Japanese version
under creative commons along with the source.

There is already a 06 and 07 chapters I believe written.

Martin,

Anton Ekblad

May 31, 2010, 7:36:22 PM5/31/10
to Ubunchu!
I was thinking about this too yesterday. Since it's all about licenses
and publishing, there's bound to be some sort of roadmap or release
schedule, at least for the next chapter. (Since I don't believe any
publisher would spontaneously release content under semi-liberal
licenses at random without some sort of planning to it.) It would be
nice to get a hold of, or at least hints about, that schedule.

goodgassy

Jan 12, 2011, 9:13:16 PM1/12/11
to ubunchu-t...@googlegroups.com
Just curious, its been about 8 months since this question was asked, and the site still does not have the translated version. Why?

Rye

Jan 12, 2011, 9:40:47 PM1/12/11
to ubunchu-t...@googlegroups.com
Probably got hit with the open source curse. I hate it when good open source things get that.

Martin Owens

Jan 12, 2011, 10:54:21 PM1/12/11
to ubunchu-t...@googlegroups.com
What's the curse? We're still waiting on the license release, unless
goodgassy would like us to break the law in order to translate the work
prematurely.

According to Setoch-san he wanted to rework some of the art for chapter
6, and he's got to wait for chapter 8 too. I suspect there will be a
release of both.

Martin,

Rye

Jan 13, 2011, 12:22:23 AM1/13/11
to ubunchu-t...@googlegroups.com
The curse is basically, a lot of open source projects get dropped because all the developers quit due to IRL problems or lack of interest (happened to Audacity it seems).
Licensed release? I always thought the manga was an open source manga that was just being published in an ASCII works magazine.

Martin Owens

Jan 13, 2011, 1:26:22 AM1/13/11
On Thu, 2011-01-13 at 00:22 -0500, Rye wrote:
> Licensed release? I always thought the manga was an open source manga
> that was just being published in an ASCII works magazine.

Nope.

ASCII comissions Seotch-san to create the manger for it's magazine. The
copyright is somewhat complex in Japan but basically both ASCII and
Setch-san have to agree to license the work as creative commons.

Since they've decided on Non-commercial terms, non of the manga is open
source. The open source definition prohibits restricting based on
commercial use. The only 'open source' creative commons licenses are:

CC-BY - Attribution only (akin somewhat, but not exactly like BSD)
CC-BY-SA - Attribution Share-alike (akin somewhat, but not the same as
the GPL)

So this project is as the whim of Seotch-san and ASCII and the longer we
wait, it's true that interest will die in the project (or has died).

Martin,

.

Jan 14, 2011, 5:12:18 PM1/14/11
On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 2:26 PM, Martin Owens <doct...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-01-13 at 00:22 -0500, Rye wrote:
>> Licensed release? I always thought the manga was an open source manga
>> that was just being published in an ASCII works magazine.
>

> So this project is as the whim of Seotch-san and ASCII and the longer we
> wait, it's true that interest will die in the project (or has died).

it is 2 days late, sire, but one is still onboard. :P

Anton Ekblad

Jan 15, 2011, 9:19:09 AM1/15/11
to Ubunchu!
> So this project is as the whim of Seotch-san and ASCII and the longer we
> wait, it's true that interest will die in the project (or has died).

Well, at least the translations will get done.

瀬尾 浩史 ( Hiroshi Seo )

Jan 16, 2011, 5:53:20 AM1/16/11
to ubunchu-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rye and all,

Sorry for the delay of the next release of Ubunchu.
It's due to me, not translators, Rye.

To tell the truth, It's difficult for me to spare time for this
project for now,
mainly because of my financial problems. :(
I've got to rebuild my business, and it would take some time,
at least for next few months.

Of course when circumstances allows, I would work for the project,
but can't promise when it will be for now... sorry

Regards,

瀬尾浩史 @ 架空線 / Hiroshi Seo @ AerialLine
=>E-Mail : s...@aerialline.com (Business) seo...@gmail.com (Private)
=>Website : http://www.aerialline.com/ (Japanese)
=>Website : http://seotch.wordpress.com/ (English)
=>Phone : 050 5806 7234
=>Mobile Phone: 080 5683 6036
=>Skype ID : seotch
=>Twitter : http://twitter.com/seotch
=>Gmail/Google talk: seo...@gmail.com

Martin Owens

Jan 16, 2011, 6:42:53 AM1/16/11
to ubunchu-t...@googlegroups.com
Hello Seotch-san,

On Sun, 2011-01-16 at 19:53 +0900, 瀬尾 浩史 ( Hiroshi Seo ) wrote:
> mainly because of my financial problems. :(
> I've got to rebuild my business, and it would take some time,
> at least for next few months.

Don't worry in any way. It is far more important that you get your
business on track and your life blood healthy.

This project is a luxury and sometimes I despair at how easily people
have been lead to believe that they have a right to demand for more free
content. Don't worry about anyone who complains about lack of
translations for chapter 6 or 8, it's not our job and we do it for fun
when we feel like having fun.

We await your return, but are not stressed about it.

Best Regards, Martin Owens

Rye

Jan 16, 2011, 8:49:50 AM1/16/11
to ubunchu-t...@googlegroups.com
I understand how that is. There's no need to rush, so just take your time getting things back on track.

.

Jan 16, 2011, 10:49:54 AM1/16/11
2011/1/16 瀬尾 浩史 ( Hiroshi Seo ) <seo...@gmail.com>:

> To tell the truth, It's difficult for me to spare time for this
> project for now,
> mainly because of my financial problems. :(
> I've got to rebuild my business, and it would take some time,
> at least for next few months.

godspeed, sire. :)

瀬尾 浩史 ( Hiroshi Seo )

Jan 17, 2011, 10:29:24 AM1/17/11
to ubunchu-t...@googlegroups.com
Thank you all for the kind words.
"I'll be back" as soon as possible! ( '- ^ )b

.

Jan 17, 2011, 3:41:59 PM1/17/11
2011/1/17 瀬尾 浩史 ( Hiroshi Seo ) <seo...@gmail.com>:

> Thank you all for the kind words.
> "I'll be back" as soon as possible! ( '- ^ )b

Literally.

back.jpg