Please welcome Rey Bango

1 view

Aza

Jan 29, 2009, 7:58:25 PM1/29/09
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com, Rey Bango
Ubiquitors,

I am very please to announce that Rey Bango is joining our extended team to head up evangelism for Ubiquity! Rey has done, and continues to do, an awe-inspiring job as the head evangelist for jQuery. He brings unrivaled creativity and passion, and I'm looking forward to getting to work with him. Everyone, please give him a warm welcome!

He'll be looking at creating the roadmap and implementations for getting Ubiquity out there. One of the things I know I'm looking forward to is setting up a framework for Ubiquity command evangilizing, with blogging and video demonstrations of some of the great Ubiquity commands created in our community. He's also a big-wig at add-ons.mozilla.org, and will be looking at better integration with Ubiquity-esque commands there.

-- aza | ɐzɐ --

Rey Bango

Jan 29, 2009, 8:01:12 PM1/29/09
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the great intro, Aza! :D

I'm looking forward to helping and getting the message out about the project.

Rey

Atul Varma

Jan 29, 2009, 8:05:00 PM1/29/09
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Rey, I'm looking forward to working with you! :)

- Atul

Joe McCann

Jan 29, 2009, 8:41:07 PM1/29/09
to ubiquity-firefox
Nice!

Fernando Takai

Jan 29, 2009, 9:30:38 PM1/29/09
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
Nice nice nice nice =D
Great to have you here Rey.
--
Fernando "Takai"
http://flickr.com/photos/supeertakai

Get Ubiquity: https://ubiquity.mozilla.com

Alberto Santini

Jan 30, 2009, 2:46:50 AM1/30/09
to ubiquity-firefox

On Jan 30, 1:58 am, Aza <a...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> Ubiquitors,
>
> I am very please to announce that Rey Bango is joining our extended team to

Wonderfull!

Please, add Rey's blog to planet ubiquity. :)

Regards,
Alberto

tylerstyle

Jan 30, 2009, 7:08:27 AM1/30/09
to ubiquity-firefox
Welcome.
Fresh blood = Fresh Ideas = Always good!

Blair McBride

Jan 30, 2009, 6:15:29 PM1/30/09
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
Woo! Looking forward to this.

- Blair

On 30/01/2009 2:01 PM, Rey Bango wrote:
> Thanks for the great intro, Aza! :D
>
> I'm looking forward to helping and getting the message out about the
> project.
>
> Rey
>
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 4:58 PM, Aza <a...@mozilla.com
> <mailto:a...@mozilla.com>> wrote:
>
> Ubiquitors,
>
> I am very please to announce that Rey Bango is joining our extended
> team to head up evangelism for Ubiquity! Rey has done, and continues
> to do, an awe-inspiring job as the head evangelist for jQuery. He
> brings unrivaled creativity and passion, and I'm looking forward to
> getting to work with him. Everyone, please give him a warm welcome!
>
> He'll be looking at creating the roadmap and implementations for
> getting Ubiquity out there. One of the things I know I'm looking
> forward to is setting up a framework for Ubiquity command
> evangilizing, with blogging and video demonstrations of some of the
> great Ubiquity commands created in our community. He's also a
> big-wig at add-ons.mozilla.org <http://add-ons.mozilla.org>, and

Edwin Khodabakchian

Jan 30, 2009, 7:04:58 PM1/30/09
to ubiquity-firefox
This must be one of the coolest jobs. Congratulations to Rey!

Rey Bango

Jan 31, 2009, 3:22:42 PM1/31/09
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
Thanks everyone!! I'm getting settled in after my long trip back from Moz but I'll be cranking up on stuff next week. :)

Rey

Damian

Feb 1, 2009, 2:35:38 PM2/1/09
to ubiquity-firefox
Take your time Rey, it a pleasure to have you aboard! :)

Welcome!

-Damiano

On Jan 31, 9:22 pm, Rey Bango <reyba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks everyone!! I'm getting settled in after my long trip back from Moz
> but I'll be cranking up on stuff next week. :)
>
> Rey
>
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Edwin Khodabakchian <

indolering

Feb 2, 2009, 12:30:42 PM2/2/09
to ubiquity-firefox
Ray, welcome! I am glad we have an evangelist!

I don't know exactly what the job description of evangelist looks
like but I have some ideas about new UI's needing to be seeded by
marketing to feel "intuitive." I'll blog a little about in a the
coming weeks, but if you need any help with video stuff or want to
kick around ideas, I am all over it : )

-Zach
zak...@indolering.com

Rey Bango

Feb 2, 2009, 1:44:54 PM2/2/09
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Zach! I'll definitely be looking for support. As for what an evangelist does, it's basically spreading the right message about the project and ensuring that the community has the resources necessary to be successful. :)

Rey...