pushing to 0.6

"mitcho (Michael 芳貴 Erlewine)"

Jul 8, 2010, 2:09:48 AM7/8/10
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ubiquit-ers! :D

A number of us core ubiquity team members are currently meeting in real life, and we have decided to take some action on the .

We would like to take the current hg tip (current version, curated by satyr) and push it as 0.6. In addition to pushing this to current 0.5-branch users, we would like to push this to AMO as well, which currently has 0.1.9. We are aware that this might brake some really old custom commands, but I did previously write guides to upgrade commands to the new (well, new as of sometime last year) command format. Also, we propose to make the minVersion 3.6 so that 3.5 users who have not kept up with Firefox updates also won't suddenly get updated to the new Ubiquity.

We'd also like to take a moment to thank satyr for his tireless work committing in the past few months!

We have a few other Ubiquity-related ideas, so hopefully we'll have some more news to share with you all soon!

mitcho

--
mitcho (Michael 芳貴 Erlewine)
mit...@mitcho.com

sabret00the

Jul 8, 2010, 4:16:37 PM7/8/10
to ubiquity-firefox
Loving this, it's fantastic news. You guys have my blessings and best
wishes.

On Jul 8, 7:09 am, "mitcho (Michael 芳貴 Erlewine)" <mit...@mitcho.com>

Clauber Stipkovic Halic

Jul 8, 2010, 4:23:25 PM7/8/10
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
Agreed,

Change the ubiquity version(number) will be a good idea!

Best
Clauber Stipkovic Halic

http://mozillabrasil.org - Mozilla Brazil User Community
http://clauber.coffeebreakers.org - Blog Pessoal

> linguist, coder, teacher

Fernando Takai

Jul 8, 2010, 4:54:30 PM7/8/10
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
Wonderful!

I just wish i could be there too :(

--
Fernando Takai

Jono S. Xia

Jul 8, 2010, 7:00:42 PM7/8/10
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com, ubiqui...@googlegroups.com
I've been trying out Ubiquity all day on Firefox 4. I haven't found any
showstoppers yet, so I'm going to update the version number and push a
build to AMO tonight!
--Jono

Patipat Susumpow

Jul 8, 2010, 7:10:06 PM7/8/10
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com, ubiqui...@googlegroups.com
Awesome Jono!

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 16:00, Jono S. Xia <jdic...@mozilla.com> wrote:
I've been trying out Ubiquity all day on Firefox 4.  I haven't found any showstoppers yet, so I'm going to update the version number and push a build to AMO tonight!
--Jono

Jono S. Xia

Jul 9, 2010, 1:56:05 AM7/9/10
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com, ubiqui...@googlegroups.com
I have just pushed the 0.6 xpi to AMO.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/9527/

(The web page might still show 0.1.9.1 as the latest version for a
couple of hours just because it takes time for changes to propogate
through AMO)

Share and enjoy. And thanks again to Satyr for carrying the torch these
past months!
--Jono

P.S. I still can't push to Hg for some reason, so I haven't pushed my
changes to install.rdf (making version 0.6, minimum firefox version 3.6,
and using the default update URL). These changes are in the XPI on AMO
but they're not in the Hg repo; just a heads up. Going to keep trying
to figure out how to commit.

Clauber Stipkovic Halic

Jul 9, 2010, 5:24:02 AM7/9/10
to ubiqui...@googlegroups.com, ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
Great job Jono,

Congrats Ubiquity Team :D

Clauber Stipkovic Halic

http://mozillabrasil.org - Mozilla Brazil User Community
http://clauber.coffeebreakers.org - Blog Pessoal

satyr

Jul 9, 2010, 6:33:51 AM7/9/10
to ubiqui...@googlegroups.com, ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
Goody. Could it get the addon description updated as well?

Clauber Stipkovic Halic

Jul 9, 2010, 7:04:22 AM7/9/10
to ubiqui...@googlegroups.com, ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I was seeing that the release notes version is diferente of the ubiquity version!

Is this correct or there is no problem makes it so?

Clauber Stipkovic Halic

http://mozillabrasil.org - Mozilla Brazil User Community
http://clauber.coffeebreakers.org - Blog Pessoal

Gordon P. Hemsley

Jul 9, 2010, 9:45:31 AM7/9/10
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
Well, it's true, but it's not necessarily correct.

Since the version number change was so sudden and we rushed to get it
out, there are probably many instances of version mismatch. I'm sure
that will be fixed for 0.6.1 (whenever that may be).

Gordon

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 7:04 AM, Clauber Stipkovic Halic

--
Gordon P. Hemsley
m...@gphemsley.org