Some time ago I decided to start involving with ubiquity project and try to
make some improvements. Here is what I've done:
* Keybindings: up/down change selection in preview pane; return key
(with no alt key pressed) executes selection in preview pane; ctrl+up/down
change selection in suggestions pane;
* Search command has a preview using selected search engine
* Open command now is equivalent to use awesomebar, it returns the same
* Open command now can open URL. For example command "open www.mozilla.org"
* Old "open" command has moved to "ubiquity" command.
* Help command now shows all commands in preview pane
* Now "english", "french", ... names can be localized (see
* Also nountypes can be localized (see ubiquity.cmdutils.nountype. in
* Bug in parse.js solved: problem with anaphora "this" in some languages.
When anaphora has utf-8 characters at the beginning or in the end of the
word, regexp \bword\b fails. For example in catalan anaphora is "això".
* When selecting text in browser, Ubiquity popup now it shows a
configurable number of options see about:config filtering
* When selecting text in browser, The first Ubiquity popup option is "show
ubiquity". This option is equivalent to CTRL-SPACE key binding.
* New skin experimentalwhite skin based on experimental skin
You can download this version from
I'm not sure, if I can commit in mercurial repository, so for now I didn't
try to do so.
I wish you enjoy it.