Memory usage increase due to Ubiquity

Julien Couvreur

Sep 3, 2008, 2:55:00 PM9/3/08
to ubiquity-firefox
Hi Ubiquiters,

I'm running Firefox 3 with a bunch of add-ons, and the only change I
made recently was installing Ubiquity.
Around that same time period (the week-end) my Firefox memory
utilization has increased dramatically, from about 150M (usual, with
many tabs opened) to 400 or even 500M.
I have un-installed Ubiquity for 24 hours and the memory usage is back
to normal.

Have other people experienced this problem?
I could not find an active ticket tracking this issue. Has anyone
looked into it?

Thanks,
Julien

Guy Fraser

Sep 3, 2008, 4:50:20 PM9/3/08
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
Julien Couvreur wrote:
> I'm running Firefox 3 with a bunch of add-ons, and the only change I
> made recently was installing Ubiquity.
> Around that same time period (the week-end) my Firefox memory
> utilization has increased dramatically, from about 150M (usual, with
> many tabs opened) to 400 or even 500M.
> I have un-installed Ubiquity for 24 hours and the memory usage is back
> to normal.

Sounds like a mem leak in ubiq or just extra strain put on the GC. I'm
not sure if ubiq runs the command scripts once or on every page view or
every time you open ubiq command window or browser context menu? I would
hope that all the scripts are run just once and then the methods on the
verbs/nouns just called as needed...

TheCheese

Sep 4, 2008, 12:40:43 PM9/4/08
to ubiquity-firefox
I noticed this too. My memory usage went up to 1.4GB at a couple
points. I only noticed this after installing 0.1.1 though. I've
disabled it for now and things seem to be back to normal.