tinymce_rte and dam

Tapio

Dec 2, 2008, 6:32:37 AM12/2/08
to TYPO3 tinymce_rte
Hi

Sorry but mod1/browse_links.php misses dam support.

the main function misses

$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['SC_OPTIONS']['typo3/browse_links.php']
['browserRendering']

I proposed that for Thomas but this has bee ignored :(.
Please fix the main function, Thomas and add support of this hook.

Is the any other issue, which dam would require?

Peter Klein

Dec 2, 2008, 6:49:24 AM12/2/08
to typo3-ti...@googlegroups.com
As Thomas told before, then none of us is using DAM, so we can't/won't
test/fix it.

AFIK DAM support will not be done at the moment, unless someone wants to
sponsor the development.

MvH
Peter Klein
__________________________

Umloud Untd
Vestergade 8
1456 København K

Tel. 3311 8887
Fax 3311 8884
19:59

Tapio

Dec 2, 2008, 6:54:57 AM12/2/08
to TYPO3 tinymce_rte

> the main function misses
>
> $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['SC_OPTIONS']['typo3/browse_links.php']
> ['browserRendering']

endeed might be reasonable because the layout of the hook is for
htmlarea and the functionality might be broken too with tinymce_rte

I ask, if r.f...@colorcube.de could add alternative hook file for
tinymce_rte

Tapio

Dec 2, 2008, 7:57:20 AM12/2/08
to TYPO3 tinymce_rte
Personally I'm not interested on dam, but get sometimes complains
relating with dam.
If I know that the problem relates with dam, I just ask uninstalling
dam.

I asked Stefan Galinki to look at the dam support.

daKmoR

Dec 2, 2008, 12:39:18 PM12/2/08
to TYPO3 tinymce_rte
On Dec 2, 5:32 am, Tapio <hannele.mark...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry but mod1/browse_links.php misses dam support.
> I proposed that for Thomas but this has bee ignored :(.
> Please fix the main function, Thomas and add support of this hook.
>
> Is the any other issue, which dam would require?

if you have a working version of DAM I would be happy to integrate
it..
but I assume adding only this
"
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['SC_OPTIONS']['typo3/browse_links.php']
['browserRendering']
"

won't make it working. And as peter said I currently don't need DAM so
I won't implement it..

Tapio

Dec 2, 2008, 4:12:17 PM12/2/08
to TYPO3 tinymce_rte

> won't make it working. And as peter said I currently don't need DAM so
> I won't implement it..

Maybe it would be reasonable to put 'dam' into conflict list, because
it anyway cause problems.
And also inform in known problems. Then people would not wonder all
problems, which dam causes.

Tapio

Dec 4, 2008, 3:02:06 AM12/4/08
to TYPO3 tinymce_rte

I put information about possible problem in dam groups - if there
somebody is interested to do something.
But as for me and you, Thomas, this is an issue, which should fixed,
only if someone would sponsor you or someone would make fix free.

Marcus Schwemer

Dec 4, 2008, 5:12:50 AM12/4/08
to typo3-ti...@googlegroups.com

Tapio

Dec 4, 2008, 5:41:23 AM12/4/08
to TYPO3 tinymce_rte

> P.S.: If there is a first sponsor, it might be easier to find others ...

the problem is that you should have sponsor for dam too!

It is *NOT* enough to change something in tinymce_rte but also in dam.

There should be different version of this hook file for htmlarea and
tinmce_rte
// register show item rendering
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SC_OPTIONS']['typo3/show_item.php']['typeRendering']
[] = 'EXT:dam/class.tx_dam_show_item.php:&tx_dam_show_item';

that part should be implemented in dam.

Tapio

Dec 4, 2008, 5:44:28 AM12/4/08
to TYPO3 tinymce_rte
sorry wrong hook - this hook should have different version for
htmlarea and tinymce_rte

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SC_OPTIONS']['typo3/browse_links.php']
['browserRendering'][] = 'EXT:dam/
class.tx_dam_browse_media.php:&tx_dam_browse_media';

daKmoR

Dec 8, 2008, 2:37:33 PM12/8/08
to TYPO3 tinymce_rte
On Dec 4, 4:12 am, Marcus Schwemer <schwe...@netzwerkberatung.de>
wrote:
> Can somebody tell me a price? I would need a regular commercial invoice.

hmm, I'm not sure how much work it is... but it might take some time
as it
would need a total refactoring of the page/file and imagebrowser

and as tapio said there is also some code in dam that would need to
be
adopted...
(so make it compatible with the current dam? or with the svn?)

all in all I would say it would be in an area of 800 - 1600 Euros
(just a rough guess, don't nail me on that)

regarding the invoice if, we would do this you would get invoice
without taxes
(if you are in the EU you would give me your UID) [if you are in
Austria you would get an invoice with taxes]

> P.S.: If there is a first sponsor, it might be easier to find others ...

that's surely true
and we also would sponsor partly...

so if there is a real interest in this, I would look more into it and
try to give an fixed amount for which we would do it.