Thank you gestapo

1 view

Sunny

Mar 8, 2002, 4:46:28 PM3/8/02
<rant>
(Warning: obscenities here.)
Was bound to happen.... new dps in area. Stopping everyone
left and right. Guess he is trying to make a name for himself.
He has and it ain't a good one.
Joe in truck going 3/4 mile from one location to next minus
seatbelt...here in the boonies. You guessed it. Ticketed.
For the past 3 days the dps is been out here every day
filling up their little books. Hey, even the local Rangers
and the deputy think they are GD Assholes.
Thank you, f 'ing liberals! Seems we can't wipe our
asses without you. Can't wait to have a talk with that
sonofabitch!
There's more, but I'll leave it for later when and if I cool off.
<rant only temporarily abated>

Keep you eyes peeled!
Sunny

mjt

Mar 8, 2002, 7:35:07 PM3/8/02
"Sunny" <su...@nospampkriders.org> wrote in

> <rant>
> (Warning: obscenities here.)
> Was bound to happen.... new dps in area. Stopping everyone
> left and right. Guess he is trying to make a name for himself.
> He has and it ain't a good one.

uhhhhhhh - and where would this
be happenin' ???

Sunny

Mar 8, 2002, 7:47:22 PM3/8/02

mjt <mtobler@removeit_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
Possum Kingdom Lake.....of all places!
I know all the local law and these assholes aren't local.
Joe talked to two of the rangers after it happened and
all they could do was shake their heads and say "Yep".
Judge Laney (local JP) is up for re-election against 2
other contenders. He is gonna be pissed seeing all these
tickets crossing his desk 4 days before the big day!

Now if Joe had been on the bike........

Sunny

Brian Walker

Mar 8, 2002, 10:07:14 PM3/8/02
"Sunny" <su...@nospampkriders.org> wrote in message news:<u8ijuei...@corp.supernews.com>...

> <rant>
> (Warning: obscenities here.)
> Was bound to happen.... new dps in area. Stopping everyone
> left and right. Guess he is trying to make a name for himself.
> He has and it ain't a good one.
> Joe in truck going 3/4 mile from one location to next minus
> seatbelt...here in the boonies. You guessed it. Ticketed.
> For the past 3 days the dps is been out here every day
> filling up their little books. Hey, even the local Rangers
> and the deputy think they are GD Assholes.
> Thank you, f 'ing liberals! Seems we can't wipe our
> asses without you. Can't wait to have a talk with that
> sonofabitch!

And thanks to TMRA2, it might've been a good thing he wasn't riding
his motorcycle without a helmet...

Wouldn't driving a truck without a seatbelt be sorta like riding a
motorcycle without a helmet? Let's see, you like running me (and
others) down for not wearing a helmet?

Hmm...might've been someone else.

Ronald R Brandenburg

Mar 8, 2002, 10:24:42 PM3/8/02
You're pissed because you break the law, get caught, and have to pay? Gee,
if you don't like the laws get off your dead end and get them changed!

Sunny

Mar 8, 2002, 10:26:44 PM3/8/02

Brian Walker <shadow...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Sunny" <su...@nospampkriders.org> wrote in message
> > <rant>
> > (Warning: obscenities here.)
> > Was bound to happen.... new dps in area. Stopping everyone
> > left and right. Guess he is trying to make a name for himself.
> > He has and it ain't a good one.
> > Joe in truck going 3/4 mile from one location to next minus
> > seatbelt...here in the boonies. You guessed it. Ticketed.
> > For the past 3 days the dps is been out here every day
> > filling up their little books. Hey, even the local Rangers
> > and the deputy think they are GD Assholes.
> > Thank you, f 'ing liberals! Seems we can't wipe our
> > asses without you. Can't wait to have a talk with that
> > sonofabitch!
>
> And thanks to TMRA2, it might've been a good thing he wasn't riding
> his motorcycle without a helmet...
>
> Wouldn't driving a truck without a seatbelt be sorta like riding a
> motorcycle without a helmet? Let's see, you like running me (and
> others) down for not wearing a helmet?
>
> Hmm...might've been someone else.

Yes, it damn sure might have been! I have never ever run anyone
down for not wearing a helmet. That was YOUR idea!
I said Joe and I wear helmets because that is OUR CHOICE.
Nearly everyone we ride with *does not wear a helmet* and I have
never put them down for it. All I did was get tired of you ragging
ME for wearing a helmet. Get it straight for once Brian.
If you want to go helmetless, that is fine by me. That should be
YOUR choice. Not mine or the governments! Got it? Now lay off!
One figgin time of mentioning helmets not worn and you go ballistic.
The helmet matter is closed. ¿Entiende usted?
Stay safe Brian.
Sunny

Sunny

Mar 8, 2002, 10:38:54 PM3/8/02
Ronald R Brandenburg <ron_...@swbell.net> wrote in message

> You're pissed because you break the law, get caught, and have to pay?
Gee,
> if you don't like the laws get off your dead end and get them changed!

It wasn't me...... My name isn't Joe. Last I looked I don't have the
right equipment. And I haven't sat on my dead end, friend.
I have done more than my share of raising hell with the government but
you know what? One person can't do it alone. Don't bust my chops
since you don't know me. How about a little help and less flaming??

Sunny

Brian Walker

Mar 9, 2002, 3:44:21 AM3/9/02
"Sunny" <su...@nospampkriders.org> wrote in message news:<u8j0cgg...@corp.supernews.com>...

Who's the one going ballistic here? Joe gets a ticket for not wearing
his seatbelt in a truck and you're saying it's the "liberals" that
done it.

I'm thinking it's funny at this point. I hate to see anyone get a
ticket for anything, but go down and beat the ticket or pay it. It
doesn't have squat to do with "liberals". It has to do with "this is
the law". As I pointed out, the helmet law is a fine grey area which
any jerk off cop can stop you with or without you wearing a helmet and
determine if you "might" be breaking the law. The seatbelt law isn't
vague, if you operate a vehicle on public roads and the vehicle was
made after seatbelts were standard then you must wear a seatbelt. Just
like registering your vehicle or a safety inspection. It wasn't the
cop who made Joe not wear the seatbelt.

Entiendo muy bien, gracias

Just go down to the court and beat the ticket. However, you can't do
it by saying Joe didn't wear his seatbelt...I doubt the "liberal"
thing would work as a defense.

Brian

Brian Walker

Mar 9, 2002, 3:50:58 AM3/9/02
"Sunny" <su...@nospampkriders.org> wrote in message news:<u8j12j1...@corp.supernews.com>...

> Ronald R Brandenburg <ron_...@swbell.net> wrote in message
> > You're pissed because you break the law, get caught, and have to pay?
> Gee,
> > if you don't like the laws get off your dead end and get them changed!
> >

> It wasn't me...... My name isn't Joe. Last I looked I don't have the
> right equipment. And I haven't sat on my dead end, friend.
> I have done more than my share of raising hell with the government but
> you know what? One person can't do it alone. Don't bust my chops
> since you don't know me. How about a little help and less flaming??

Cool! So, what help do you need? Do ya want to do a "rally of people"?
Get everyone together in their cars and all of us drive up and down
the strip there with no seatbelts to see if they give us tickets?

What help do you need/suggest?

Brian

Brian Walker

Mar 9, 2002, 3:58:26 AM3/9/02
"Sunny" <su...@nospampkriders.org> wrote in message news:<u8in0sg...@corp.supernews.com>...

> mjt <mtobler@removeit_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > "Sunny" <su...@nospampkriders.org> wrote in
> > > <rant>
> > > (Warning: obscenities here.)
> > > Was bound to happen.... new dps in area. Stopping everyone
> > > left and right. Guess he is trying to make a name for himself.
> > > He has and it ain't a good one.
> >
> > uhhhhhhh - and where would this
> > be happenin' ???
> >
> Possum Kingdom Lake.....of all places!
> I know all the local law and these assholes aren't local.

Well, welcome to what the rest of us have been bitchin' about all this time.

> Joe talked to two of the rangers after it happened and
> all they could do was shake their heads and say "Yep".

<shaking head>Yup</shaking head>

> Judge Laney (local JP) is up for re-election against 2
> other contenders. He is gonna be pissed seeing all these
> tickets crossing his desk 4 days before the big day!

So, you're not going to vote for him because Joe didn't wear his seatbelt?

Interesting strategy...

> Now if Joe had been on the bike........

He wouldn't have got a ticket for no seatbelt???

Brian

Bill Walker

Mar 9, 2002, 7:58:11 AM3/9/02
"Sunny" <su...@nospampkriders.org> wrote in message news:<u8ijuei...@corp.supernews.com>...

I am responding to this posting with a furrowed brow and a very
confused expression.. I'm puzzled by the "f**king liberal" reference
and it's connection to "gestapo" tactics by dps officers or any other
law enforcement.. We've had a conservative government in Texas for
several years , now.. Governor "George served two terms and his clone
"Rick" has been in office almost two years..
Sunny.. slow down and smell the coffee.. I am Democrat to the core..
I have been ticketed so many times , over a long lifetime of traveling
highways across this country, I have lost count.. I am told , a
directive came from Washington , along with funding , for law
enforcement to wage financial war on us by ticketing "and enforceing
seat belt laws, Of course it is for our own safety..By the time
"George" gets thru the next two years of his term, you will be so
limited and restricted in your "rights" and liberties, you will think
you are under martial law.. All of it will be "for our own safety"..
Happy Days , right.. Bl;ame those old "liberals" all you want, but,
the fact still remains... Our president and governor are both right
wingers and the only way they can sell their b/s and stay in office is
either convince us we can't survive without their protection or to
keep us so suppressed, we can't know the difference.. When you look
around you , you might be surprised to notice, this is not the only
infringement on your liberties being vaporized.. These people , we ,
the people, have allowed to be elected are the most ruthless group
that has ever been in office.. They will stoop to any level and use
any means to stay in power.. But.. it is all for your own safety..
Soooo.. sorry, about Jope getting a ticket and would love to help..
Tell me when and where.. In the meantime.. smile for the camera and
write a long , nice letter to these "guys" you voted for and thank
them for ALL they have done for you since you voted for them..

I am your friend in Irving, Tx.
Bill Walker

Bill Walker

Mar 9, 2002, 8:28:11 AM3/9/02
"Sunny" <su...@nospampkriders.org> wrote in message news:<u8in0sg...@corp.supernews.com>...
Reminds me.. There was a time when , a person was stopped on the road
, held at gunpoint and his valuables and money were taken from him..
They called it "highway robbery"..Nowadays, they have deputized or put
a badge on the highwayman and they call it "traffic enforcement"..And
when they request more funding and taxes to provide this service to
us, we happily vote for them and hand over , yet , more of our money
for them to better "serve and protect" us..
When someone else is involved, we are quick to judge and advise them,
that, they should be more compliant with all these laws and respect
these humble servants who are solely interested in our safety.. When
we personally encounter
one of these servants, then.. we are outraged and indignant that we
are being
victimized.. I'm not flaming anyone.. Plead "Not Guilty" fight the
ticket to the last ditch.. Ask for a jury trial , court reporter and
make the prosecution of the ticket, so costly for them, they will call
off the dogs.. That "good ole boy" JP is there for one purpose, and
that is to collect all the revenue he can.
The state gets a big cut, on all that revenue, plus the funding, (more
tax dollars) for the enforcement of the seat belt law.. If I can help
, in any way
let me know.. Brian Walker(my son) and I have a very genuine dislike
for the kind of law enforcement that victimizes people for so called
infractions of the law, when the theives and predators among us remain
untouched and can't seem be caught..

mjt

Mar 9, 2002, 10:22:50 AM3/9/02
"Brian Walker" <shadow...@hotmail.com> wrote in

> And thanks to TMRA2, it might've been a good thing he wasn't riding

> his motorcycle without a helmet...

i havent finished my coffee yet, so i might
be missing something here, but it you have
an (helmet) exemption sticker, you dont have
to have a helmet on.

> Wouldn't driving a truck without a seatbelt be sorta like riding a
> motorcycle without a helmet? Let's see, you like running me (and
> others) down for not wearing a helmet?

well, yes, from a safety standpoint. additionally,
from a 'adhering to law' standpoint, yes again :)

mjt

Mar 9, 2002, 10:26:33 AM3/9/02
"Brian Walker" <shadow...@hotmail.com> wrote

> the law". As I pointed out, the helmet law is a fine grey area which
> any jerk off cop can stop you with or without you wearing a helmet and
> determine if you "might" be breaking the law. The seatbelt law isn't

it's NOT a grey area here in Texas - it's
pretty cut-n-dry. if you have an exemption
sticker on your plate, you don't have to
have a helmet on. if you don't have an
exemption, you better have a helmet on.

how's about an official DPS URL to back
up my claim :))

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/msb/helmet.htm

mjt

Mar 9, 2002, 10:28:20 AM3/9/02
"Sunny" <su...@nospampkriders.org> wrote in

> ... How about a little help and less flaming??
>
> Sunny

geez, i had to double-check to
make sure i wasn't in REEKY :)

Sunny

Mar 9, 2002, 10:34:14 AM3/9/02

Brian Walker <shadow...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

You just don't see that one affects the other. I don't need a nanny
to tell me how to take care of myself. I was against the seatbelt law
and all the dogooders kept saying "but it's for your own good."
There's no "court" out here.... Joe will go see the judge, pay for
the driver's safety course and get the ticket removed.
You didn't quite understand. Did you? It's ok for you to rant
about stupid laws but not me....right?
Thanks Brian.

Sunny

Mar 9, 2002, 10:42:37 AM3/9/02

Brian Walker <shadow...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

No, I just need you to be a smartass.

I think it should be our choice. But then who am I to say? Right?
We always wear our seatbelts and one friggin time Joe doesn't...
99% of the people out here don't wear them just to go up
FM2353 two miles to the store or half mile from one stop to
the next.
I wrote letters, I voted against.... I talked to people... I did
everything except "burn" seatbelts on the Texas Whitehouse
steps. Got any suggestions besides flames?

Sunny

Mar 9, 2002, 10:55:26 AM3/9/02

Brian Walker <shadow...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I did not say that at all! I love Judge Laney. He is a good guy.
What I was saying is that it is funny that after all these years he
finally has someone running against him and suddenly, right before
election there is a flurry of DPS activity! I do not believe it is his
doing. You think he wants voters pissed at him? We have never
had this many cops out here for anything. And they never bothered
us about seatbelts before.
I happen to know the 2 guys running against the judge... I don't
want them in a position of authority! My vote is for Judge Laney!

> > Now if Joe had been on the bike........
>
> He wouldn't have got a ticket for no seatbelt???
>
> Brian

No.... he wouldn't have gotten stopped.

Neal Atkins

Mar 9, 2002, 11:11:40 AM3/9/02
On Sat, 09 Mar 2002 15:26:33 GMT, "mjt"
<mtobler@removeit_sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>"Brian Walker" <shadow...@hotmail.com> wrote
>
>> the law". As I pointed out, the helmet law is a fine grey area which
>> any jerk off cop can stop you with or without you wearing a helmet and
>> determine if you "might" be breaking the law. The seatbelt law isn't
>
>it's NOT a grey area here in Texas - it's
>pretty cut-n-dry. if you have an exemption
>sticker on your plate, you don't have to
>have a helmet on. if you don't have an
>exemption, you better have a helmet on.

Yeah, the DPS website backs you up. To wit:

Is the helmet exemption sticker required before a motorcyclist can
ride without a helmet?

No. The sticker indicates that the motorcyclist meets the requirement
for riding without a helmet, and law enforcement officers will presume
that they do. Without the sticker motorcyclists may be requested to
show police officers their proof of course completion or insurance
coverage.

Sunny

Mar 9, 2002, 11:19:01 AM3/9/02

Bill Walker <bill.w...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Thanks Bill, for your letter. There's a big difference between a
true Democrat and a Democratic Liberal. My parents were
Democrats. It ain't like it used to be.
As for me...... I am more of a Libertarian than anything else.
If you'll notice how we have been losing more and more rights
and free choice over the years... due to the caring concern of
our government (whether it is a Dem. or Rep. Pres.) then you'll
know what I am talking about.
I'm not going to get into an argument with you about politics.
I voiced my anger. I'm still angry.
Now I hear that "they" are talking about forbidding children
to ride in pickups because they are "more dangerous" than cars.
They say that trucks are not family vehicles and should be used
as work vehicles only. When will it end? Look out or one day
you will be required to wear a helmet when you ride in a car!
I heard someone else talking about that. This is getting really
scary.

Stay safe,
Sunny

mjt

Mar 9, 2002, 11:39:12 AM3/9/02
"Sunny" <su...@nospampkriders.org> wrote in

> Now I hear that "they" are talking about forbidding children
> to ride in pickups because they are "more dangerous" than cars.

my guess on this (i havent heard,
but REALLY guessing) is that most
pickups dont have a backseat and
children up to a certain age should
not be in a seat where an airbag
is located (or does this only apply
to baby carseats?).

Sunny

Mar 9, 2002, 11:50:02 AM3/9/02

Bill Walker <bill.w...@verizon.net> wrote in message

I've always been *ticked* when someone else got a ticket for
something so stupid as this. I AM against drunk driving,
driving faster than is safe and sane and putting other people
at risk because of another's own stupidity.
I am also pissed at men who put on badges and a gun and
act like the man with the big iron. Police are there to serve
and protect, not intimidate. Hell, I almost became a cop
myself. I know a lot of good, decent officers. They don't
go throwing their weight around. Yes, they write tickets
where warranted but they don't nitpick little crap. They
are respected. Then there's the other side....like you said.

The Judge we have is an honorable man. I want to keep him.
He's never let me off when I got a speeding ticket (once) and
He has never let Joe off either (more than once). That isn't the point.
I am curious though to know why all of a sudden we have 2 new
guys who act like they are interveiwing for the lead role in
"Maniac Cop IV". I'm not the only one out here who is mad
about this. I went to the corner store yesterday after Joe got
the ticket and I spoke with a few neighbors who were in there.
They did not have very nice things to say about the 2 new cops.
I bet the coffers were filled just in the past 3 days.

> Plead "Not Guilty" fight the
> ticket to the last ditch.. Ask for a jury trial , court reporter and
> make the prosecution of the ticket, so costly for them, they will call
> off the dogs.. That "good ole boy" JP is there for one purpose, and
> that is to collect all the revenue he can.
> The state gets a big cut, on all that revenue, plus the funding, (more
> tax dollars) for the enforcement of the seat belt law.. If I can help
> , in any way
> let me know.. Brian Walker(my son) and I have a very genuine dislike
> for the kind of law enforcement that victimizes people for so called
> infractions of the law, when the theives and predators among us remain
> untouched and can't seem be caught..

I appreciate your offer. Joe is going to go see the judge Monday.
He'll decide then which course to take. I'll let you know what
happens....if you are interested. But I know he doesn't plan to
just pay the fine.

Take care Bill.....hope to see you one day soon.

Sunny

Sunny

Mar 9, 2002, 1:16:25 PM3/9/02

mjt <mtobler@removeit_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
From the report I heard is that it applies to any pickup.
That includes extended cabs. Some were talking
about the side seats (not facing forward) but decided
what was bad for one is bad for all. Baby car seat or no.
And what of the people who only have one vehicle and
that happens to be a truck? Guess that will mean if you
have to take your kid to the dr. or school you'll have to
find some other transportation? Oh, now that's just real
nice...

Sunny

mjt

Mar 9, 2002, 1:23:13 PM3/9/02
"Sunny" <su...@nospampkriders.org> wrote in

> mjt <mtobler@removeit_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> > my guess on this (i havent heard,

> > but REALLY guessing) is that most
> > pickups dont have a backseat and
> > children up to a certain age should
> > not be in a seat where an airbag
> > is located (or does this only apply
> > to baby carseats?).
> >
> From the report I heard is that it applies to any pickup.
> That includes extended cabs. Some were talking
> about the side seats (not facing forward) but decided
> what was bad for one is bad for all. Baby car seat or no.
> And what of the people who only have one vehicle and
> that happens to be a truck? Guess that will mean if you
> have to take your kid to the dr. or school you'll have to
> find some other transportation? Oh, now that's just real
> nice...

<sarcasm>
build a padded compartment and bolt it down into the bed :))
</sarcasm>

Bill Walker

Mar 9, 2002, 1:36:13 PM3/9/02
"mjt" <mtobler@removeit_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:<JQpi8.9703$5u4.214...@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com>...

Don't know where you came from and don't know how long you been here..
You can take your grey area and stuff it.. The law doesn't require
you to have a sticker on your license other than the year your vehicle
is registered.. I don't know where you came up with the url you are
referring to , but, you need to get all your ducks in a row before you
come on with all the "grey area" crap.. Tne exemption issue is the
point of contention.. You may either post a surety bond for 10K ,
provide hospitalization insurance or take the motorcycle safety
course.. Nowhere , in the law as written , is the sticker required..
Do your homework .. I have fought too many of these things for myself
and others..Successfully, I might add.. If you read that law before
you jump in here, it will make your "claim" , without merit..

Ride safe and I am your friend in Irving
Bill Walker..

mjt

Mar 9, 2002, 2:05:58 PM3/9/02
"Bill Walker" <bill.w...@verizon.net> wrote in message
> "mjt" <mtobler@removeit_sbcglobal.net> wrote in

> > it's NOT a grey area here in Texas - it's
> > pretty cut-n-dry. if you have an exemption
> > sticker on your plate, you don't have to
> > have a helmet on. if you don't have an
> > exemption, you better have a helmet on.
> >
> > how's about an official DPS URL to back
> > up my claim :))
> >
> > http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/msb/helmet.htm
>
> Don't know where you came from

my parents :)

> and don't know how long you been here..

native Texan, riding for over 30 years.

> You can take your grey area and stuff it..

gee, i'll bet you're a great conversationalist.

> The law doesn't require
> you to have a sticker on your license other than the year your vehicle
> is registered..

(BTW, year and month)

i never said the (exemption) STICKER is required.
if you meet the criteria set forth by the STATE OF
TEXAS, you can apply for a sticker that goes ON
YOUR LICENSE PLATE - this way, if you do NOT have
a helmet on, a law enforcement officer can quickly
check your plate to see if you have the sticker
and not bother you. however, in your defense, my
wording might have been a little vague, so i apologize.

> I don't know where you came up with the url you are
> referring to , but, you need to get all your ducks in a row before you
> come on with all the "grey area" crap..

it was quite easy actually, the "helmet sticker"
stuff is found all throughout the TEXAS DPS website.
i use this really cool site called "google" and i
do searches for things like "helmet exemption texas",
google then returns some links, and then i can go
read all the neat stuff at the TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF
PUBLIC SAFETY website. if you would have visited the
site, you'd see it. to help save you some trouble
with keystrokes and mouse clicks, from the site:

Is the helmet exemption sticker required before
a motorcyclist can ride without a helmet?

No. The sticker indicates that the motorcyclist
meets the requirement for riding without a helmet,
and law enforcement officers will presume that
they do. Without the sticker motorcyclists may be
requested to show police officers their proof of
course completion or insurance coverage.

just like i said previously.

> Tne exemption issue is the
> point of contention.. You may either post a surety bond for 10K ,
> provide hospitalization insurance or take the motorcycle safety
> course.. Nowhere , in the law as written , is the sticker required..

like i said, i didnt suggest it, it just helps
in squelching a pull-over by the law officer.
if you DONT HAVE the sticker, then you're apt
to be pulled over AND YOU BETTER have the proof
on you that you are exempt (which you should even
if you have the sticker).

> Do your homework .. I have fought too many of these things for myself
> and others..Successfully, I might add.. If you read that law before
> you jump in here, it will make your "claim" , without merit..
>
> Ride safe and I am your friend in Irving

thanks friend, for being so friendly ...

> Bill Walker..

Brian Walker

Mar 9, 2002, 4:04:21 PM3/9/02
"mjt" <mtobler@removeit_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:<JQpi8.9703$5u4.214...@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com>...
> "Brian Walker" <shadow...@hotmail.com> wrote
>
> > the law". As I pointed out, the helmet law is a fine grey area which
> > any jerk off cop can stop you with or without you wearing a helmet and
> > determine if you "might" be breaking the law. The seatbelt law isn't
>
> it's NOT a grey area here in Texas - it's
> pretty cut-n-dry. if you have an exemption
> sticker on your plate, you don't have to
> have a helmet on. if you don't have an
> exemption, you better have a helmet on.

Actually, I don't have a sticker on the plate and still don't have to
wear a helmet in Texas. The sticker is only a way for the police to
"presume" you've met the qualifications to ride without a helmet. It
doesn't eliminate all possibility to being stopped. The police can
stop you even with the sticker and determine if you're in compliance.
If you're wearing a helmet, they can stop you and determine if the
helmet complies with their standards. When they stop you, then they
can fish for other items which you might or might not be in compliance
of. If you provide your "proof" that you're in compliance of the
helmet law, the police officer can still use their judgement as to
whether you're in compliance of the law.

Welcome to Texas...courtesy of TMRA2.

> how's about an official DPS URL to back
> up my claim :))
>
> http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/msb/helmet.htm

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/statutes/tr/tr066100.html#tr003.661.003

Brian Walker

Mar 9, 2002, 4:13:40 PM3/9/02
"Sunny" <su...@nospampkriders.org> wrote in message news:<u8kbffl...@corp.supernews.com>...

> Brian Walker <shadow...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Cool! So, what help do you need? Do ya want to do a "rally of people"?
> > Get everyone together in their cars and all of us drive up and down
> > the strip there with no seatbelts to see if they give us tickets?
> >
> > What help do you need/suggest?
> >
> > Brian
>
> No, I just need you to be a smartass.

Really? I can do that if you'd like. If you think that would help you
here, just say the word and I'll be sure to be the biggest smartass
you've ever seen.

> I think it should be our choice. But then who am I to say? Right?
> We always wear our seatbelts and one friggin time Joe doesn't...

One time he didn't? You mean everyone else doesn't wear theirs and Joe
has never not worn his?

> 99% of the people out here don't wear them just to go up
> FM2353 two miles to the store or half mile from one stop to
> the next.

And, 99 percent of the people also drive over the speed limit.

> I wrote letters, I voted against.... I talked to people... I did
> everything except "burn" seatbelts on the Texas Whitehouse
> steps. Got any suggestions besides flames?

Who's flaming who?

Brian

Brian Walker

Mar 9, 2002, 4:16:30 PM3/9/02
"mjt" <mtobler@removeit_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:<oSpi8.9704$nz4.214...@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com>...

No doubt!

Can you just imagine being Joe right about now if she's like this with
us...and we weren't the one's who got the ticket??? :-)

Brian

Rodent

Mar 9, 2002, 4:42:44 PM3/9/02
I think this was a no-brainer that Brian missed.

I think Sunny was saying the JP will have some unhappy constituents who may
vote differently because Barney Fife wrote them a ticket.

*************

Rodent

Mar 9, 2002, 4:48:52 PM3/9/02
The recent media coverage was concerning children riding in the *rear*
*side-facing* jumpseat found in *compact* *extended-cab* pickups. The
passenger faces sideways and has only a lap belt.

As for children riding in the front seat, the airbags are a hazard to
children no matter what, but more so with child seats, especially those that
face rearward. However, most newer vehicles either have a key-lock to
disable the passenger side airbag or can be fitted with one at the dealer.

****************

Sunny

Mar 9, 2002, 5:12:42 PM3/9/02

Brian Walker <shadow...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Sunny" <su...@nospampkriders.org> wrote in message
> > Brian Walker <shadow...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Cool! So, what help do you need? Do ya want to do a "rally of people"?
> > > Get everyone together in their cars and all of us drive up and down
> > > the strip there with no seatbelts to see if they give us tickets?
> > >
> > > What help do you need/suggest?
> > >
> > > Brian
> >
> > No, I just need you to be a smartass.
>
> Really? I can do that if you'd like. If you think that would help you
> here, just say the word and I'll be sure to be the biggest smartass
> you've ever seen.

You don't need encouragement. You're doing great.

> > I think it should be our choice. But then who am I to say? Right?
> > We always wear our seatbelts and one friggin time Joe doesn't...
>
> One time he didn't? You mean everyone else doesn't wear theirs and Joe
> has never not worn his?

We always wear our seatbelts when we leave the lake to go
to town. Joe usually wears his but didn't this time. I am the
true criminal. I don't wear my seatbelt around the lake. The
belt in my car is like a boa constrictor and it gets tighter and
tighter till it has me pinned. Normally I use a clip on the strap
to stop it from doing that when I go to town.
As for the majority of people out here. I seldom see anyone
wearing seatbelts. Guess they better....huh.

> > 99% of the people out here don't wear them just to go up
> > FM2353 two miles to the store or half mile from one stop to
> > the next.
>
> And, 99 percent of the people also drive over the speed limit.

I'm guilty... lock me away. I'm a terrible person. I've been
known to go 57 in a 55.

> > I wrote letters, I voted against.... I talked to people... I did
> > everything except "burn" seatbelts on the Texas Whitehouse
> > steps. Got any suggestions besides flames?
>
> Who's flaming who?
>
> Brian

If I flamed you, you'd feel it. For now a good pinch on the
cheek will do. ;)

Sunny

Sunny

Mar 9, 2002, 5:20:06 PM3/9/02
Brian Walker <shadow...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "mjt" <mtobler@removeit_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > "Sunny" <su...@nospampkriders.org> wrote in
> >
> > > ... How about a little help and less flaming??
> > >
> > > Sunny
> >
> > geez, i had to double-check to
> > make sure i wasn't in REEKY :)

No, not quite thank goodness.

> No doubt!
>
> Can you just imagine being Joe right about now if she's like this with
> us...and we weren't the one's who got the ticket??? :-)
>
> Brian

Oh? If you think I am mad... you should have seen Joe!
It was his ire that got me worked up in the first place.
What am I like, Brian? You haven't met me IRL so you
really don't know. I think I have shown considerable
restraint. But then you don't know *our* situation...
Have a good weekend Brian. Stay safe, ride happy.

Sunny

Sunny

Mar 9, 2002, 5:22:50 PM3/9/02

Rodent <dawe...@swbell.net> wrote in message

> I think this was a no-brainer that Brian missed.
>
> I think Sunny was saying the JP will have some unhappy constituents who
may
> vote differently because Barney Fife wrote them a ticket.

Thank you Rodent. That is exactly what I meant
And I thought about the Barney Fife connection but am glad
you saw it.
I hope they (dps) only carry one shell apiece, in their shirt pockets.

Sunny

Rodent

Mar 9, 2002, 4:56:38 PM3/9/02
Must be city-folk. Most country JP's I know are decent guys who have a tough
job and are generally very fair in their prosecution. While doing some
genealogy research we spent several hours at the Grayson County JP's office
discussing local history and he even made sure we understood the laws
concerning visiting a cemetery located on private property. Every small town
I've been to or lived in has been a much better place to be than the big
city.

Of course the cops don't harass me and I'm not convinced anyone with a badge
or gavel is evil.

*********

Bill Walker

Mar 9, 2002, 6:29:52 PM3/9/02
"mjt" <mtobler@removeit_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:<q2ti8.865$Ji2.39...@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>...

> "Bill Walker" <bill.w...@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > "mjt" <mtobler@removeit_sbcglobal.net> wrote in
>
> > > it's NOT a grey area here in Texas - it's
> > > pretty cut-n-dry. if you have an exemption
> > > sticker on your plate, you don't have to
> > > have a helmet on. if you don't have an
> > > exemption, you better have a helmet on.
> > >
> > > how's about an official DPS URL to back
> > > up my claim :))
> > >
> > > http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/msb/helmet.htm
> >
> > Don't know where you came from
>
> my parents :)
> Maybe!!!

> > and don't know how long you been here..
>
> native Texan, riding for over 30 years.
> Think you will learn to like it, then ??

> > You can take your grey area and stuff it..
>
> gee, i'll bet you're a great conversationalist.
> I'm pretty articulate and not easily intimidated by B/S..

> > The law doesn't require
> > you to have a sticker on your license other than the year your vehicle
> > is registered..
>
> (BTW, year and month)
> True ... True..

> i never said the (exemption) STICKER is required.
> if you meet the criteria set forth by the STATE OF
> TEXAS, you can apply for a sticker that goes ON
> YOUR LICENSE PLATE - this way, if you do NOT have
> a helmet on, a law enforcement officer can quickly
> check your plate to see if you have the sticker
> and not bother you. however, in your defense, my
> wording might have been a little vague, so i apologize.
> Actually , it was vague and you gave the impression, the sticker is the law.
The sticker is for sale and if you want it and qualify , then you pay
for it..
Considering the size of your plate, the cop cannot see it, especially
at speeds from 40 mph to 70, unless he is on his knees and you stop..
If he sees you without a helmet, he can stop you to determine if you
are in compliance.. In some instances, the cop will use that excuse to
go "fishing" and some will write you for some other infraction.. i.e.
speeding.. Think "not" .. Been there , done that..

> > I don't know where you came up with the url you are
> > referring to , but, you need to get all your ducks in a row before you
> > come on with all the "grey area" crap..
>
> it was quite easy actually, the "helmet sticker"
> stuff is found all throughout the TEXAS DPS website.
> i use this really cool site called "google" and i
> do searches for things like "helmet exemption texas",
> google then returns some links, and then i can go
> read all the neat stuff at the TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF
> PUBLIC SAFETY website. if you would have visited the
> site, you'd see it. to help save you some trouble
> with keystrokes and mouse clicks, from the site:
> Get a grip... The exemption thing is the issue.. Anyone riding a bike is or should be familiar with the law and the way it is written gives law enforcement an "excuse" to harass motorcyclist's.. By stopping them when they are seen without a helmet..Again.... think "not".. Been there , done that..

> Is the helmet exemption sticker required before
> a motorcyclist can ride without a helmet?
>
> No. The sticker indicates that the motorcyclist
> meets the requirement for riding without a helmet,
> and law enforcement officers will presume that
> they do. Without the sticker motorcyclists may be
> requested to show police officers their proof of
> course completion or insurance coverage.
>
> just like i said previously.
>
> > Tne exemption issue is the
> > point of contention.. You may either post a surety bond for 10K ,
> > provide hospitalization insurance or take the motorcycle safety
> > course.. Nowhere , in the law as written , is the sticker required..
>
> like i said, i didnt suggest it, it just helps
> in squelching a pull-over by the law officer.
> if you DONT HAVE the sticker, then you're apt
> to be pulled over AND YOU BETTER have the proof
> on you that you are exempt (which you should even
> if you have the sticker).
> In some of the jurisdictions in this state, where "traffic enforcement" is the main source of revenue, you will be pulled over for any excuse the cop can come up with.. They would like for you to go home and sit down and write them a check as soon as possible, but, when you fight the ticket and challenge them it will go away ..(most of the time)

> > Do your homework .. I have fought too many of these things for myself
> > and others..Successfully, I might add.. If you read that law before
> > you jump in here, it will make your "claim" , without merit..
> >
> > Ride safe and I am your friend in Irving
>
> thanks friend, for being so friendly ...
> You are very welcome and if this posting offends you, think about
it.. We have allowed our elected officials, who are supposed to
represent our best interest's, to accept these ridiculous laws and
rulings.. Like have said many times, when I hear someone say "we don't
have a helmet law in Texas" Our helmet law is alive and well.. If you
don't believe it , then get on that bike and ride to East Tawakoni
without wearing a helmet.. Never know , but, I may very well be one of
your "best friends"
> > Bill Walker..

Bill Walker

Mar 9, 2002, 7:49:34 PM3/9/02
"Sunny" <su...@nospampkriders.org> wrote in message news:<u8kdjv1...@corp.supernews.com>...
Tried to send you an e-mail and it was returned.. Sorry.. All the
alternative "Party" candidates is what blessed us with the present
political situation..Not being critical of anyone, mind you .. Just
pointing out a fact.
As I say, We are only into the second year of this man's term and
unless all the voters don't commence to see what him and his group is
doing to us, we are in big trouble..As you well know, Brian and I have
waged a few battles over this "traffic enforcement" situation we are
having imposed on us (for our safety). We have prevailed on TMRA2 and
enjoyed their lip service, each time.
By the same token , they have published their news of their
accomplishments in other states and various other areas in Texas.. The
pride in their part in the "helmet law" issue is a joke.. For my part,
I am very able to make my stand and win some and lose some, strictly
on my own.. When I vote, I select the candidate who best represents
what affects me and the one who stands a chance of winning the
election.. Sputnik announced his support of a candidate who I believe
cannnot beat the present governor.. Although , I believe he is a very
good man, he doesn't have the charisma to defeat Gov. Rick, the
encumbent. Sputnik came out with his grand announcement before all the
candidates announced they were running.. This is the guy who is
leading the charge for TMRA2.. Not real savvy , if you ask me..
Anyway .. I still have your bell and am looking forward to handing it
to you personally, soon..
Your friend and ally in Irving
Bill Walker

Sunny

Mar 9, 2002, 8:43:52 PM3/9/02

Bill Walker <bill.w...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Yes, we need someone who understands the meaning of "rights"
and who is willing to listen and do the right thing. I will trust
your judgement in this matter.
I am sorry if the email was returned... try su...@pkriders.org
I get spammed so badly that I try not to post without the
"nospam". My *block sender* file is getting huge.

That will be a special bell indeed and one I will treasure always.
Thank you Bill and see you soon!

Always friends, ride safe,
Sunny

José Jimenez

Mar 10, 2002, 8:53:29 PM3/10/02
FWIW,

The Houston Barnacle had a picture recently of the new graduating class of
DPS traffic enforcement troopers.

You dont' think the new guys are out there............

NAHHHHHHHHHHHHH !

Onethumb

Mar 12, 2002, 10:21:46 PM3/12/02
Sunny wrote:

> <rant>
> (Warning: obscenities here.)
> Was bound to happen.... new dps in area. Stopping everyone
> left and right. Guess he is trying to make a name for himself.
> He has and it ain't a good one.
> Joe in truck going 3/4 mile from one location to next minus
> seatbelt...here in the boonies. You guessed it. Ticketed.
> For the past 3 days the dps is been out here every day
> filling up their little books. Hey, even the local Rangers
> and the deputy think they are GD Assholes.
> Thank you, f 'ing liberals! Seems we can't wipe our
> asses without you. Can't wait to have a talk with that
> sonofabitch!
> There's more, but I'll leave it for later when and if I cool off.
> <rant only temporarily abated>
>
> Keep you eyes peeled!
> Sunny

If you don't like the mandatory seat belt laws, work to get them
repealed. Until then suck it up and quit whining if you get popped for
fighting the existing statutes.

I think we ought to see a lot more stuff enforced to the exact letter of
the law. I think the result would be a bunch of lazy, bonbon eating air
heads getting so ticked off (about the laws they couldn't be bothered by
in the past) that they would finally get motivated to get a lot of
stupid crap repealed.

--
Mark Johnson, Fort Worth, Texas; Iron Butt Association Member #3000;
Right Rev. Royal Bellhop CM #0001; DoD #2021; onethumb at swbell dot net

BounceCam: http://www.bikes-n-spikes.net

Fred Doe

Mar 13, 2002, 1:39:17 AM3/13/02
On Tue, 12 Mar 2002 21:21:46 -0600, Onethumb wrote:
> I think we ought to see a lot more stuff enforced to the exact letter of
> the law. I think the result would be a bunch of lazy, bonbon eating air
> heads getting so ticked off (about the laws they couldn't be bothered by
> in the past) that they would finally get motivated to get a lot of
> stupid crap repealed.

Nice in theory, but it won't make any difference. After the U.S.
Constitution was disassembled and the U.S. became a police state,
did you seen any evidence of any action to repeal any of those
illegal and treasonous laws? Nope. Any you won't, because we are
a little too confused about what 'freedom' is and isn't.

We think that freedom is convenience and that it should come to us
automatically. We think that third-party multi-purpose authentication
agents are doing us a favor by making our life more convenient,
when in fact they are enslaving us.

Just how old do you think the expression 'the gilded cage' is? And
how many hundreds of times has history seen this same thing repeated?

Convenience is one of the oldest and easiest tools to use to enslave
people. It is also the most effective because people choose to
become slaves voluntarily, just as you did when you provided ssn
and fingerprint for your driver license. And when you choose to
become a slave, you certainly don't like to have it pointed out,
do you?

The knocker about it is that you gave away your freedom to obtain
permission to do something you already had as a right, and now that
you obtained permission from your new master for it, it is no longer
a right.

What I think is hilarious is all the people talking about how there
is nothing they can do about all the crap that is going on now
(illegal surveillance, insurance payment increases, illegal frisking
and requirements for photo id, etc., etc., etc.) and how we are
just going to have to endure until it goes away. How stupid can
one be? It isn't going away until you make it go away. Matter of
fact, it's just beginning.

So when are you going to get motivated to do something about becoming
free again?

Freedom is the right and responsibility of self-authentication.
Not 'convenience', nor is it convenient. But it is Freedom.

Your choice. Oops, it was your choice...

Brian Walker

Mar 13, 2002, 6:38:14 AM3/13/02
Fred Doe <fr...@hamhill.org> wrote in message news:<10160015...@fezzik.endicor.com>...

> On Tue, 12 Mar 2002 21:21:46 -0600, Onethumb wrote:
> > I think we ought to see a lot more stuff enforced to the exact letter of
> > the law. I think the result would be a bunch of lazy, bonbon eating air
> > heads getting so ticked off (about the laws they couldn't be bothered by
> > in the past) that they would finally get motivated to get a lot of
> > stupid crap repealed.
>
> Nice in theory, but it won't make any difference. After the U.S.
> Constitution was disassembled and the U.S. became a police state,
> did you seen any evidence of any action to repeal any of those
> illegal and treasonous laws? Nope. Any you won't, because we are
> a little too confused about what 'freedom' is and isn't.
>
> We think that freedom is convenience and that it should come to us
> automatically. We think that third-party multi-purpose authentication
> agents are doing us a favor by making our life more convenient,
> when in fact they are enslaving us.

Just like the many people who are standing in long lines to have their
pocket knives, toe nail clippers and scissors taken away before paying
alot of money to board an airplane. They are interviewed about their
reaction, and they say "well, other countries do this and it's for my
safety". I say, screw the airlines. If they can't make their planes
any safer than they have in the past, I'm not going to get on them.
Let them go out of business! I surely don't want my tax dollars going
to bail them out when Nokia, Nortel, Alcatel, Dell and so on are
laying off employees and closing their doors...with no one giving them
money to keep people working. I never saw a cell phone flying into
office buildings killing thousands of people.

> Just how old do you think the expression 'the gilded cage' is? And
> how many hundreds of times has history seen this same thing repeated?
>
> Convenience is one of the oldest and easiest tools to use to enslave
> people. It is also the most effective because people choose to
> become slaves voluntarily, just as you did when you provided ssn
> and fingerprint for your driver license. And when you choose to
> become a slave, you certainly don't like to have it pointed out,
> do you?
>
> The knocker about it is that you gave away your freedom to obtain
> permission to do something you already had as a right, and now that
> you obtained permission from your new master for it, it is no longer
> a right.
>
> What I think is hilarious is all the people talking about how there
> is nothing they can do about all the crap that is going on now
> (illegal surveillance, insurance payment increases, illegal frisking
> and requirements for photo id, etc., etc., etc.) and how we are
> just going to have to endure until it goes away. How stupid can
> one be? It isn't going away until you make it go away. Matter of
> fact, it's just beginning.

Yeah, stop boarding these airplanes, stop going on tours to places
which take sharp objects, stop doing all these rediculous things that
we've been blessed with since last September...and that would be a
start.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've never had my pocket knife
removed to rent a car.

mjt

Mar 13, 2002, 8:46:04 AM3/13/02
"Brian Walker" <shadow...@hotmail.com> wrote in

> I don't know about anyone else, but I've never had my pocket knife

> removed to rent a car.

in due time, in due time :))

Bill Walker

Mar 13, 2002, 2:01:33 PM3/13/02
Onethumb <bow...@airmail.net> wrote in message news:<EE84E1E4D31F047D.D6C35531...@lp.airnews.net>...

Spoken like a true representative of the TMRA II bunch.. So.. let
that be a lesson to everyone.. Suck it up and send the check for the
membership dues..
"Sputnik" couldn't have said it any better.. Telling other people to
suck it up and send the check works well until YOU get the horn..
then , it is a different situation that is needing some action and/or
support.. Guess I'll just get on the old scoot and enjoy this lovely
day .. See Ya..
Your friend
Bill Walker
Irving, Tx.

Brian Walker

Mar 13, 2002, 3:01:30 PM3/13/02
"mjt" <mtobler@removeit_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:<wKIj8.65619$AJ1.235...@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com>...

When that happens, then I'll just stay at home :-)

Brian