Play with Osama

Jim Nicholson

Sep 27, 2001, 10:06:33 AM9/27/01
I've been playing too much already. Time to share the fun with you
guys.

http://www.fieler.com/terror/

John A. Stovall

Sep 27, 2001, 10:09:16 AM9/27/01
On Thu, 27 Sep 2001 14:06:33 GMT, Jim Nicholson <jam...@akamail.com>
wrote:

>I've been playing too much already. Time to share the fun with you
>guys.
>
>http://www.fieler.com/terror/

Damn, Jim now the site will be clogged. Just have to wait for the
downloadable version.

"It just so happens we be Texicans. Texican is nothin'
but a human man way out on a limb, this year and next.
Maybe for a hundred more. But I don't think it'll
be forever. Some day, this country's gonna be a
fine good place to be."

"Mrs. Jorgensen"
from "The Searchers"

Dee Crabtree

Sep 27, 2001, 1:33:17 PM9/27/01

Thanks! 26,000 first time through !

Crabby

KS

Sep 27, 2001, 4:44:42 PM9/27/01
In article <3BB33218...@akamail.com>, jam...@akamail.com says...

> I've been playing too much already. Time to share the fun with you
> guys.
>
> http://www.fieler.com/terror/

Thanks Jim, now would you care to share your score with us? :-)

(44k first time)

Kelley
NRA Life

Jim Nicholson

Sep 27, 2001, 6:08:56 PM9/27/01

61,500 on one computer and 53,500 on the faster computer. I shoot
get to popping too fast toward the end and shoot the hostage a lot.
Like on the 61,500, I had 71 hits, but the net dropped on the
hostage hits. On the faster computer when you get around 50-60 hits
he starts bobbing faster and faster . . . no way to even swing the
gun sometimes. 'Course I never excelled at computer games . . . the
grand demons always beat me.

Volcano

Sep 27, 2001, 7:36:44 PM9/27/01

66,500 my first try.

--
,~~~~
/ \

KS

Sep 27, 2001, 7:39:47 PM9/27/01
In article <3BB3A30C...@akamail.com>, jam...@akamail.com says...

LOL, don't worry about it Jim. The "hostage" is actually a terrorist in
disguise.

Jim Nicholson

Sep 27, 2001, 8:12:49 PM9/27/01

Shoot him only to get a -20,000. The computer speed has a lot to do
with the score, too. I keep getting a little better. It's getting
old, though.

Larry Rink

Sep 27, 2001, 9:36:05 PM9/27/01
In this situation...
Hostage is EXPENDABLE!

Paul Barnett

Sep 27, 2001, 10:47:13 PM9/27/01

> 61,500 on one computer and 53,500 on the faster computer. I shoot

> get to popping too fast toward the end and shoot the hostage a lot.
> Like on the 61,500, I had 71 hits, but the net dropped on the
> hostage hits. On the faster computer when you get around 50-60 hits
> he starts bobbing faster and faster . . . no way to even swing the
> gun sometimes. 'Course I never excelled at computer games . . . the
> grand demons always beat me.

46,000 my first try. I would have done better, but that damn hostage
kept jumping up in front of the bearded one as I was slacking out the
trigger.

I can definitely see how a faster computer would make a different. This
one is 1 GHz, and I couldn't keep up at the end -- the best I could do
is wait for him to pop up in front of my sights.

Jim Nicholson

Sep 27, 2001, 11:08:25 PM9/27/01

It would be a tough game on yours. Mine is only 600 mghz. (did I get
it right?)

Sam A. Kersh

Sep 28, 2001, 12:13:45 PM9/28/01
On Thu, 27 Sep 2001 09:09:16 -0500, John A. Stovall
<john.a....@mindspring.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 27 Sep 2001 14:06:33 GMT, Jim Nicholson <jam...@akamail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>I've been playing too much already. Time to share the fun with you
>>guys.
>>
>>http://www.fieler.com/terror/
>
>Damn, Jim now the site will be clogged. Just have to wait for the
>downloadable version.

Hint to WinME users: Load it up once,save Jim's post, then each time
you click on the URL in the post, as soon as your dialer starts, Cancel
and selet Offline. Or place in your Favorites folder and use off line.

Sam A. Kersh
NRA Patron Member
L.E.A.A. Life Member
TSRA Life Member
GOA, JPFO, SAF
People Eating Tasty Animals
http://www.flash.net/~csmkersh/

Read Jeff Snyder's unabridged analysis of the S&W/HUD sellout
at http://communities.prodigy.net/sportsrec/jeffsnyder.html

Hightech Redneck

Sep 28, 2001, 2:30:38 PM9/28/01

Paul Barnett wrote:

What's amusing to me is, I've played a few times and get a much higher score
if I take out the hostage in this situation with a double tap to take Osama
at the same time.

I tried a slight delay in pulling the trigger in case the hostage popped up,
but that let Osama get away and I ended up with a much lower score.

So in this game, but hopefully not in real life, take out the hostage.

--
**High-Tech Redneck**dr...@bigfoot.com**GO COWBOYS*
*All opinions are mine and completely biased *

JerryP

Sep 28, 2001, 3:27:37 PM9/28/01

"Hightech Redneck" <dr...@no.way>

> So in this game, but hopefully not in real life, take out the hostage.

There are those who say you SHOULD take out the hostage (shoot them in the
leg?):

1. It gets the hostage out of the way,
2. It confuses the criminal because your action is totally unexpected,
3. It will almost always save the hostage's life,
4. It will almost always end the criminal's life.

John A. Stovall

Sep 28, 2001, 3:55:18 PM9/28/01
On Fri, 28 Sep 2001 19:27:37 GMT, "JerryP" <ne...@bisusa.com> wrote:

>"Hightech Redneck" <dr...@no.way>
>>
>> So in this game, but hopefully not in real life, take out the hostage.
>
>There are those who say you SHOULD take out the hostage (shoot them in the
>leg?):

Bad Idea. Where is the Femoral artery? Who says this? What are his
training credentials? What anti-hostage group uses this tactic?

>1. It gets the hostage out of the way,

But it can use up body bags.

>2. It confuses the criminal because your action is totally unexpected,

You could also shoot yourself, that would be really unexpected.

>3. It will almost always save the hostage's life,

If he doesn't bleed out from the served femoral artery first.

>4. It will almost always end the criminal's life.

Maybe.

A small question for you, why is the use of a firearm called the use
of deadly force?

The last temptation is the greatest treason:
To do the right deed for the wrong reason.

"Murder in the Catheral"
T.S. Eliot

indole

Sep 29, 2001, 12:19:34 PM9/29/01
Processor speed makes no difference on the web version. Only the line speed
can affect the play. Slower line speed....slower play speed.

JerryP

Sep 30, 2001, 8:58:47 AM9/30/01

"John A. Stovall" <john.a....@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> On Fri, 28 Sep 2001 19:27:37 GMT, "JerryP" <ne...@bisusa.com> wrote:
>

> >"Hightech Redneck" <dr...@no.way>
> >>
> >> So in this game, but hopefully not in real life, take out the hostage.
> >
> >There are those who say you SHOULD take out the hostage (shoot them in
the
> >leg?):
> >
> Bad Idea. (1)Where is the Femoral artery? (2)Who says this? (3)What are
his
> training credentials? (4)What anti-hostage group uses this tactic?

(1) The femoral artery is located in Femoral Texas.
(2) President Bush regarding hostage-held airliners.
(3) Unknown. Probably none. He does have advisors, but they probably don't
have advanced hostage-negotiating training either.
(4) None that I know of, but I wasn't thinking of a hostage rescue team
being involved, just "You and Me and the Baby Makes Three."

> >1. It gets the hostage out of the way,
>
> But it can use up body bags.

That's true. I think body bags are reusable, though.

> >2. It confuses the criminal because your action is totally unexpected,
>
> You could also shoot yourself, that would be really unexpected.

That too. Or challenge the criminal to a game of Scrabble: Winner Take All.

> >3. It will almost always save the hostage's life,
>
> If he doesn't bleed out from the served femoral artery first.

Assuming you meant 'severed' rather than 'served' ("We'll have two femoral
arteries, medium, and two Cokes please")You're right. But, hey, severed
femoral arteries happen every day.

> >4. It will almost always end the criminal's life.
>
> Maybe.

Correct. That's why I said 'almost.' There's always the unexpected.

> A small question for you, why is the use of a firearm called the use
> of deadly force?

Uh, I dunno. If I had to guess, and remember I didn't write the law nor
interpret it, it kinda means something like: 'Any force, the application of
which is designed or used in such a manner as to reasonably be expected to
cause death or serious bodily injury.'

Sam A. Kersh

Sep 30, 2001, 12:16:40 PM9/30/01
"JerryP" <ne...@bisusa.com> wrote:

>(1) The femoral artery is located in Femoral Texas.

Which prompts the following.

Location: Pipe Creek, TX

Sunday School Teacher: Jimmy, wear was Jesus born?

Jimmy: Lufkin?

Teacher: N, try again?

Jimmy: marshall?

Teacher (exasperated): No, Jimmy, it was Palestine!!!

Jimmy: Well, I knew it was somewhere in East Texas...

Sam A. Kersh
NRA Patron

TSRA Life Member
LEAA Life Member
JPFO,
Gun Owners of America
http://www.flash.net/~csmkersh
No Spam Please

"Among other evils which being unarmed brings
you, it causes you to be despised."

The Prince
Niccolo Machiavelli

Kushladude

Oct 3, 2001, 9:29:12 AM10/3/01

the nerd indole said:
>Processor speed makes no difference on the web version. Only the line speed
>can affect the play. Slower line speed....slower play speed.

Mularkey! If that was true, my wife would not have scored 91,000 points on her
fourth attempt on a P-133 all the time playing on a wireless hookup.