Bad Times Ahead for Gun Dealers?

1 view

Don Staples

Feb 4, 2003, 10:12:39 AM2/4/03
Can we say lying son of a bitch? His statement is an example of pay back
from a Clintonite. I suppose there is a clandestine group of crooked
dealers out there figuring out ways to arm the criminals. What a joke.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/02/04/national/04GUNS.html?ex=1045362162&ei=1&en
> =33e6957d720a7635

> "In this world, things are complicated and are decided
> by many factors. We should look at problems from different
> aspects, not from just one."
>
> "On the Chungking Negotiations"
> (October 17, 1945),
> Selected Works, Vol. IV, p. 54.
>
> Chairman Mao Tse-tung

Johnny Johnson

Feb 4, 2003, 12:28:21 PM2/4/03
"John A. Stovall" wrote:

> I got this in an email and am posting it without comment.
>
> Gun Industry Ex-Official Describes Bond of Silence
>
> February 4, 2003
> By FOX BUTTERFIELD
>
> A former senior firearms industry executive said in an
> affidavit filed in court in San Diego yesterday that gun
> manufacturers had long known that some of their dealers
> corruptly sold guns to criminals but pressured one another
> into remaining silent for fear of legal liability. It is
> the first time a senior official in the gun industry has
> broken ranks to challenge practices in the business.
>
> The affidavit, by Robert A. Ricker, a former chief lobbyist
> and executive director of the American Shooting Sports
> Council, then the main gun industry trade organization, was
> filed in California Superior Court in support of claims by
> 12 California cities and counties suing the gun makers and
> their wholesalers and retail dealers.
>
> The cities, led by Los Angeles and San Francisco, contend
> that the gun industry has maintained a distribution system
> that allows many guns to fall into the hands of criminals
> and juveniles, creating a public nuisance and violating a
> California law on unfair business practices.

Using this same logic the automobile manufacturers should be held liable
for misuse of their products as well.

After all, they are well aware their "four-wheeled killing machines" are
the "criminals' choice" for drive-by shootings, escapes from their
heinous crimes, etc.

Why, Clyde Barrow even sent a letter to Henry Ford praising Ford's "V8":

"Tulsa Okla
10th April (1934)

Mr. Henry Ford
Detroit Mich.

Dear Sir -

While I still have got
breath in my lungs I
will tell you what a dandy
car you make. I have driven
Fords exclusively when I could
get away with one. For sustained
speed and freedom from
trouble the Ford has got ever
other car skinned and even if
my business hasn't been
strictly legal it don't hurt any
thing to tell you what a fine
car you got in the V8.

Yours truly
Clyde Champion Barrow"

http://texashideout.tripod.com/fordletter.html

Jim Alder

Feb 4, 2003, 12:48:54 PM2/4/03
John A. Stovall <johnas...@earthlink.net> wrote in

> Mr. Ricker, a moderate in an industry dominated by
> hard-liners, lost his post as executive director of the
> American Shooting Sports Council in 1999 after attending a
> White House meeting with President Bill Clinton to discuss
> preventing more school shootings like the one at Columbine
> High School in Colorado.

Could this be a man with a grudge? Ulterior motives don't
really matter to the media, who will listen attentively to every
word he has to say, without wondering for a second how
manufacturers would know who a dealer is selling to.

--
Congress is so strange. A man gets up to speak and says nothing.
Nobody listens - and then everybody disagrees. ~Boris Marshalov