Meeting Guidelines

Misty ssbook club

Sep 24, 2009, 12:53:07 PM9/24/09
to Twitter Sookie Stackhouse Book Club
On Tuesday night a few members got to gether to test out the 4
different forums we have available to hold our weekly meetings.
Faceboo & the Google group did not work well. The Twibe was good but
with so many people on it was a lot of scrolling back & forth and it
froze up a few times while we were on it. We decided to continue using
the chat room here http://www.chatzy.com/880721523958 with the
password being sookie01. Since we will be using the chat room anyone
that will be using and iphone or a Blackberry can read the posts on
how to connect and how to change to view so it is easier to chat. We
also came up with a few guidelins to ensure that the chat will flow
smoothly & remain friendly. We are not trying to police anyones
thought, feelings, or opinions but we feel these guidelines must be
followed so we can all have fun.
The group chat will have one possible two moderators. The
moderator will sign in using the red color option. The moderator will
be like the host of a party. The moderator will post the main talking
points/questions to get the chat started. Anyone can post any
questions/talking points but we are jusy trying to keep 30 people from
posting questions and no one having a chance to anwers. We are trying
to keep everyone on one topic at a time. There will be time given for
others to bring up questions/points that we may have missed. During
each meeting we will have Sheriffs(in honor of our favorite Sheriff)
and the sheriffs will sign in with the blue color.
Since we do not have time to introduce ourselves & tell everyone
how far into the book series we are we have come up with a color coded
system for giving out that information. If you are just starting the
series please sign in using a green color. If you have read up to the
5th book please sign in with a pink color. If you have read the entire
series please use the purple color. This way we will know what you
have read and hopefully no spoilers wil be given.
So to review
Moderator-Red
Sheriffs- Blue
Newbies- Green
Halfway- Pink
All Read- Purple

We have set up codes to use to keep the conversation on track and they
are:

GBOT- Get back on track for the times when we tend to wander off
topic
ELMO- Enough lets move on- for a topic that have been discussed to its
death
NCB!- NO CHARACTER BASHING!! This is the most important one. It is
fine if you do not like a character ot a characters actions. That is
fine but please do not call the " good guys" of the stories names. For
example no calling Tara a two bit whore or Sam a wussy. You can
however call the "bad characters" names. For example you can call
Lorena a bitch all day long. But for the sake of the chat we do not
want the chats to turn into a fight.
If you continue to get called out for repeated character bashing you
will be banned.
If anyone wants to be a Sheriff or has any questions, comments,
complaints, concerns, or anything else please DM me @ssbookclub

I hope that these guidelines will help the chat flow smoothly and we
will all have a great time. See you Sunday.

Deborah Robinson

Sep 24, 2009, 1:13:08 PM9/24/09
to twitter-sookie-sta...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Misty for all of the time and effort to make this work. I hope I can make it this week.
Deborah

Misty ssbook club

Sep 28, 2009, 10:52:51 PM9/28/09
to Twitter Sookie Stackhouse Book Club
Sorry, I left out what the Sheriffs are for. The sheriffs will assist
the moderator in keeping the peace, and keeping the conversations
flowing smoothly. They will assist in getting conversations back on
track, asking questions, or take over for the moderator is I am
unavailable.