Unable to connect to the Streaming API over SSL

Hayes Davis

Oct 6, 2010, 6:35:35 PM10/6/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

For several months now, we've been connecting to the streaming api filter resource over SSL without issue. Today it suddenly disconnected us and wouldn't let us reconnect. We tried from multiple IPs to connect without success so it doesn't appear to be some sort of blacklist issue. Is this a temporary outage or something more permanent? If it's temporary, is there any ETA on a resolution?

Please let me know if there's more information I can provide to help resolve this.

Hayes

Taylor Singletary

Oct 6, 2010, 7:17:46 PM10/6/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hayes,

The public streaming API endpoint at stream.twitter.com had SSL support turned off recently -- we hadn't, I believe, ever explicitly documented that it supported SSL. I wasn't aware of this change and have some issues with it -- I'll see what I can do. In the meantime, please use non-SSL.

Taylor

Change your membership to this group: http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk

Hayes Davis

Oct 7, 2010, 7:21:05 PM10/7/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Tayor. Will do. It'd be nice to have that explicitly stated in the docs.

Hayes