Where to post documentation bugs?

Andrew

Jun 5, 2010, 8:46:17 PM6/5/10
to Twitter Development Talk
Folks,

I've just successfully implemented xAuth for my iPad app. During this
process, I went down a few ratholes due to what I now consider
documentation bugs. I list them below but I would like to know where I
send these things in the future?

All of these bugs are on: <http://dev.twitter.com/pages/xauth>.

1) HMAC method string, oauth_signature_method, is wrong. It is:
HMAC_SHA1. It should be: HMAC-SHA1.

2) The below alludes to a POST body in the xAuth /oauth/access_token
method.

"Your HTTP POST body would look like this:
x_auth_mode=client_auth&x_auth_password=xyz12242134&x_auth_username=episod"

In fact, the above is your parameter/query string. The method requires
that the POST place these parameters on the URL.

BTW, it would be nice to just see the whole URL. There is little
reason to save bytes here. It would look like this:

<https://api.twitter.com/oauth/access_token?
x_auth_mode=client_auth&x_auth_password=xyz12242134&x_auth_username=
episod>

Anon,
Andrew

themattharris

Jun 9, 2010, 5:36:46 PM6/9/10
to Twitter Development Talk
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your question. You can file any issues with the docs on
dev.twitter.com on the api-issues list [1]. The list has a component-
docs which you can mark the issue with.

We're working on a number of issues with the docs at the moment and
hope to have them and the rest of the docs from the apiwiki updated
and correct in the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

Matt

1. http://code.google.com/p/twitter-api/issues/list