408s - I'm receiving frequent 408 error messages today

bosher

Aug 25, 2009, 9:51:17 PM8/25/09
to Twitter Development Talk
Using oAuth, trying to send a direct message I'm receiving frequent
408 error messages. Is anyone else noticing an abnormal # of 408s?

bosher

Aug 25, 2009, 11:19:44 PM8/25/09
to Twitter Development Talk
At the first request the API sends a 408, if I then refresh or try the
API call again it works fine. Why would this be happening?

David Crawford

Aug 25, 2009, 10:58:10 PM8/25/09
to Twitter Development Talk
We've also received 408s today using the rest service. These are
mostly posts, but also requests for number of followers (sorry I'm not
more specific.... writing this on behalf of the dev who does the
twitter integration).

The failed requests were coming from ips within the range
216.168.57.171 - 179

Thanks for any help,
David

bosher

Aug 26, 2009, 10:43:12 AM8/26/09
to Twitter Development Talk
Twitter, any update here?

Noah Kantrowitz

Aug 28, 2009, 9:39:51 PM8/28/09
to Twitter Development Talk
I'm also seeing a lot of these today. Anyone know what this means? It
isn't listed on the API wiki page that I can see.

--Noah Kantrowitz

On Aug 25, 6:51 pm, bosher <bretthell...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Using oAuth, trying to send a direct message I'm receiving frequent408error messages. Is anyone else noticing an abnormal # of 408s?

fablau

Aug 30, 2009, 6:52:48 PM8/30/09
to Twitter Development Talk
I am having the same issue since yesterday, I always get a 408 or 403
error. Any idea?

Thanks.