Use twitterapi.update method to my own account via .net web app without human intervention

bob

Oct 7, 2010, 3:45:09 PM10/7/10
to Twitter Development Talk
I have an application that maintains sport fields playing status.
When it rains, I'd like to update my account to show the closures via
my .net application. Problem is when using oAuth, I must sign in to
allow the app access to my Twitter account. Is there any way that
oAuth can do this without needing this step.

Thomas Mango

Oct 7, 2010, 4:06:35 PM10/7/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
You should save the oauth access key/secret you get for the account you
want to post to (if it's your application's account, you can get the
access keys from the application's page on dev.twitter.com). You can
then use your client key/secret and user access key/secret to make calls
to the API on that user's behalf without them logging into an actual
session of your application.

This page is a good overview of OAuth:
http://dev.twitter.com/pages/auth

--
Thomas Mango
tsm...@gmail.com

bob

Oct 7, 2010, 4:07:48 PM10/7/10
to Twitter Development Talk
Update: I was using TwitterVB.GetAuthorizationLink() and when I
changed to GetAuthenticationLink(), it worked.