Data mining/firehose..

1 view

Faulkner

Nov 6, 2008, 11:09:48 PM11/6/08
to Twitter Development Talk
Hi

Just wondering if there is any documentation on the DataMining API or
when the availability of the FireHose API will happen? (not thinking
anytime soon).

I'm very interested in trying some experiments with a lot of twitter
data and the DM API seems ideal, but apart from a description I cannot
actually find where it is or how to use it.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks

Ken

tweetip

Nov 7, 2008, 1:26:42 AM11/7/08
to Twitter Development Talk
email alex at twitter com

Alex Payne

Nov 7, 2008, 2:51:17 AM11/7/08
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
For what it's worth, we've actually been cranking on the "firehose"
solution all week. We've evaluated several queueing systems, and I've
just finished work on a proof-of-concept backup plan if those don't
pan out. We'd really like to have a solution in place by Thanksgiving
at the latest.

--
Alex Payne - API Lead, Twitter, Inc.
http://twitter.com/al3x

bob

Nov 11, 2008, 4:00:40 PM11/11/08
to Twitter Development Talk
hey Alex, as I've said before, you can get a completely scalable
solution from Tervela.com . i am happy to make the intro, and I think
they would be very accomodating. --bob