Search Twitter Feed from a group of Twitters

Abhi

Jan 12, 2011, 1:13:05 AM1/12/11
to Twitter Development Talk
Hi, I am New to the Twitter search API and was wondering if someone
can please help me on where to find some guidance on how to use
Twitter Search API to find tweets from a group of twitters.

Thanks for all the help in advance

Mauro Asprea

Jan 12, 2011, 3:30:04 AM1/12/11
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Hi you can take a look at  http://dev.twitter.com/doc ;)

Change your membership to this group: http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk

--
Mauro Sebastián Asprea

E-Mail: mauro...@gmail.com
Mobile: +34 654297582
Skype: mauro.asprea

Algunos hombres ven las cosas como son y se preguntan porque. Otros sueñan cosas que nunca fueron y se preguntan por qué no?.
George Bernard Shaw

Abhi

Jan 12, 2011, 1:22:56 PM1/12/11
to Twitter Development Talk
Thanks. I looked at it but It just allows me to search for twitter
feed from one user. I want to be able to search for twitter feed from
multiple users at once.

On Jan 12, 12:30 am, Mauro Asprea <mauroasp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi you can take a look at  http://dev.twitter.com/doc;)
>
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 7:13 AM, Abhi <abhishek2j...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi, I am New to the Twitter search API and was wondering if someone
> > can please help me on where to find some guidance on how to use
> > Twitter Search API to find tweets from a group of twitters.
>
> > Thanks for all the help in advance
>
> > --
> > Issues/Enhancements Tracker:
> >http://code.google.com/p/twitter-api/issues/list
> > Change your membership to this group:
> >http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk
>
> --
> Mauro Sebastián Asprea
>
> E-Mail: mauroasp...@gmail.com

Taylor Singletary

Jan 12, 2011, 3:01:45 PM1/12/11
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
There are no "search within a set" capabilities really in the Twitter API or Search API. There are a few approaches you can take, but all of them defer the "search" part of operation to you and you'll have to accept that you'll not have the full possible dataset to search against.

One popular way to search within a given set of users is to assemble a Twitter List containing the users of interest, paginate through the List timeline as your needs (and the data supply) allows, and then perform the search against the tweets/metadata retrieved, acknowledging that a list doesn't comprise all of the tweets (or any of the retweets) authored by the users on the list (@replies / tweets beginning with a @mention to users not belonging to the list are excluded).

Other methods are retrieval of various (user) timelines, merging them together, then searching against.

The most efficient way to collect tweets for a given set of public users when historical tweets are not important is to use the "follow" feature of the Streaming API.

Taylor

Abhi

Jan 13, 2011, 6:47:08 PM1/13/11
to Twitter Development Talk