Is tweet retweeted or not.

omergul123

Jun 4, 2010, 2:46:47 PM6/4/10
to Twitter Development Talk
Hello. In my application I get the user's home timeline. I let the
user to natively (by using the retweet feature of Twitter in the API)
retweet a tweet. If the user reloads the page I get the updated home
timeline from the twitter servers again. However there isn't any tag
in the status tag indicating that the user has already retweeted this
so that I can show a mark to the user that he already retweeted the
particular tweet. Is there any way for this?

Furkan Kuru

Jun 5, 2010, 12:22:20 PM6/5/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Retweets are not given in the timeline. You have to get retweets and merge them.

For one particular retweet action you can get the return value (retweeted tweet) of the retweet action and prepend it to the homeline to show it.
--
Furkan Kuru

Julio Biason

Jun 5, 2010, 12:33:10 PM6/5/10
On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 1:22 PM, Furkan Kuru <furka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Retweets are not given in the timeline. You have to get retweets and merge
> them.

They are. Either you can call home_timeline instead of public_timeline
or call public_timeline with the include_rts parameter.

--
Julio Biason <julio....@gmail.com>
Twitter: http://twitter.com/juliobiason

Brendan

Jun 5, 2010, 8:22:53 PM6/5/10
to Twitter Development Talk
Can you use the function statuses/retweeted_by_me (using the
credentials the user has given you) and compare with the user's
timeline to see if a tweet has already been retweeted?

On Jun 5, 11:33 am, Julio Biason <julio.bia...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 1:22 PM, Furkan Kuru <furkank...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Retweets are not given in the timeline. You have to get retweets and merge
> > them.
>
> They are. Either you can call home_timeline instead of public_timeline
> or call public_timeline with the  include_rts  parameter.
>
> --
> Julio Biason <julio.bia...@gmail.com>
> Twitter:http://twitter.com/juliobiason

Furkan Kuru

Jun 6, 2010, 7:46:45 AM6/6/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
upss sorry,

I did not notice statuses/home_timeline.

I have been using friends_timeline and it does not include rts for backward compatibilities.
--
Furkan Kuru