Twitter Search: The page you were looking for doesn't exist.

1 view

Chung Han Lau

Mar 14, 2010, 11:14:28 PM3/14/10
to Twitter Development Talk
hi,

am using twitter search returning json for webpage output. just got
this messag returned with this url:
http://search.twitter.com/search?q=&ands=&phrase=&ors=&nots=&tag=&lang=all&from=gp04lch&to=&ref=&near=&within=15&units=mi&since=2010-03-01&until=&rpp=15

seems i cannot use the 'Since this date' and 'Until this date'. please
rectify.

regards

Chung Han Lau

Mar 15, 2010, 10:48:45 PM3/15/10
to Twitter Development Talk
funny no one seems to be taking any interest in this thread. am i
missing something?

On Mar 15, 11:14 am, Chung Han Lau <arbuquerq...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> am using twitter search returning json for webpage output. just got

> this messag returned with this url:http://search.twitter.com/search?q=&ands=&phrase=&ors=&nots=&tag=&lan...

Mark McBride

Mar 16, 2010, 11:44:12 AM3/16/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
First, your query string isn't a valid search API query string.  Copying and pasting from advanced search is frowned upon.

If you strip it down to the basics of what you're trying to do you end up with this

Note that
1) You need to supply a content type for the query
2) You can't have a "within" on the API, look at the doc http://apiwiki.twitter.com/Twitter-Search-API-Method:-search and use the geocode param
3) Blank parameters generally aren't a good idea
4) The "from" operator doesn't work in the API, instead use from:<user> in the query

Even after all that there does appear to be a bug in the search API, as I get the result

{"error":"Couldn't find Status with ID=9796641788"}

I'll let that team know.

  ---Mark

http://twitter.com/mccv

Chung Han Lau

Mar 20, 2010, 9:22:51 AM3/20/10
to Twitter Development Talk
thank you. this is the search string i'm using:
http://search.twitter.com/search.json?q=from:gp04lch&rpp=5000&since_id=0&callback=?&rpp=20

i went through the API and noticed it states that results are limited
to 7 days. is there a way to get results earlier than the 7 days?

On Mar 16, 11:44 pm, Mark McBride <mmcbr...@twitter.com> wrote:
> First, your query string isn't a valid search API query string.  Copying and
> pasting from advanced search is frowned upon.
>
> If you strip it down to the basics of what you're trying to do you end up
> with this
>

> http://search.twitter.com/search.json?q=from:gp04lch&since=2010-03-01...

> Note that
> 1) You need to supply a content type for the query

> 2) You can't have a "within" on the API, look at the dochttp://apiwiki.twitter.com/Twitter-Search-API-Method:-searchand use the

> geocode param
> 3) Blank parameters generally aren't a good idea
> 4) The "from" operator doesn't work in the API, instead use from:<user> in
> the query
>
> Even after all that there does appear to be a bug in the search API, as I
> get the result
>
> {"error":"Couldn't find Status with ID=9796641788"}
>
> I'll let that team know.
>
>   ---Mark
>
> http://twitter.com/mccv

John Kalucki

Mar 20, 2010, 11:49:43 AM3/20/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
The current search corpus duration is limited to about 7 to 14 days. The search team is working on increasing the duration.

-John Kalucki
http://twitter.com/jkalucki
Infrastructure, Twitter Inc.

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to twitter-development-talk+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.