Date followed?

Jesse Stay

Oct 29, 2008, 4:13:46 AM10/29/08
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
What's the best way for me to figure out the date someone else
followed me via the API? Is that provided in the followers feed?

Jesse

Jesse Stay

Oct 29, 2008, 9:01:48 PM10/29/08
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Any word on this? I believe this is a repeat of several threads
throughout this year and last that all never got answered. Alex - any
word on when we can see this? I'd love some sort of communication so
I can plan around it. It seems like a very simple update.

Thanks,

Jesse

Ryan Bigg

Oct 30, 2008, 9:22:48 AM10/30/08
to Twitter Development Talk
I am also interested in this feature.

Ed Finkler

Oct 30, 2008, 10:10:31 AM10/30/08
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Currently there's nothing available via the API – you'd probably need
to cache your whole followers list and then compare the last version
to the newest. You probably should file an issue in the tracker if one
does not already exist for this feature request:

http://code.google.com/p/twitter-api/issues/list

--
Ed Finkler
http://funkatron.com

Alex Payne

Oct 30, 2008, 1:22:43 PM10/30/08
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
This is something we're happy to provide, but probably won't get to in
the current version of the API.

--
Alex Payne - API Lead, Twitter, Inc.
http://twitter.com/al3x

Jesse Stay

Oct 30, 2008, 6:14:19 PM10/30/08
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Alex. Has there been any communication as to what we should be
planning for in the new version of the API? What is being changed?
How is progress on it, and when can we expect to see something we can
play with? Will we be able to test it out any before you release?

Thanks,

Jesse