length limits for all fields

braver

Jun 18, 2009, 10:47:09 AM6/18/09
to Twitter Development Talk
In designing an SQL schema for statuses as returned by Streaming API,
we need to know the length limits for all strings. Is there a single
table with such lengths, and/or can you guys please specify them here?

Cheers,
Alexy

Doug Williams

Jun 18, 2009, 11:23:03 AM6/18/09
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
This seems like good data to add to the docs. Which fields are there questions about?

Thanks,
Doug

braver

Jun 18, 2009, 11:44:07 AM6/18/09
On Jun 18, 11:23 am, Doug Williams <d...@twitter.com> wrote:
> This seems like good data to add to the docs. Which fields are there
> questions about?

Doug: the string length of the user's

-- screen name
-- name
-- location
-- description
-- time zone

and status's:

-- source

Cheers,
Alexy

braver

Jun 19, 2009, 10:53:01 AM6/19/09
to Twitter Development Talk
Bump -- what do folks use for the string lengths below?
Cheers,
Alexy

Doug Williams

Jun 19, 2009, 12:53:46 PM6/19/09
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Barver,

-- screen name: varchar(20)
-- name: varchar(20)
-- location: varchar(30)
-- time zone: you should store this in a native time format
-- source: varchar(256)

Also please don't bump. It adds noise, not value.

Thanks,
Doug

Matthieu Bilbille

Jun 18, 2011, 10:43:51 AM6/18/11
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Doug,

This is a post 2 years old post, but may I know where did you get this information?
I went through the twitter API but could not find this.

Thanks in advance,
Matthieu