Pagination limits lowered on home timeline?

Andrej

Jun 2, 2010, 5:26:49 AM6/2/10
to Twitter Development Talk
Hello,

based on API doc there is a limit of 3,200 statuses for home timeline:

'Clients may access up to 3,200 statuses via the page and count
parameters for timeline REST API methods....'

I noticed today that I can only fetch last 800 statuses only.
Anyone else experiencing same issue?

Thanks

Raymond Yee

Jun 11, 2010, 8:07:51 AM6/11/10
to Twitter Development Talk
I'm experiencing a similar problem. I'm trying to download all my own
statuses (for rdhyee) via the API but have only been able to get 728.
For example

http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/user_timeline.json?screen_name=rdhyee&count=200&page=5
(http://bit.ly/b0s8gE) is the last page of 200 statuses I can get but
http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/user_timeline.json?screen_name=rdhyee&count=200&page=6
(http://bit.ly/aU4TYT) returns no tweets.

I have over 2000 tweets, so the latter call should still return
statuses.

Has the 3200 limit changed? Or is that an upper limit -- that is,
you're guaranteed that you will never get more than 3200 but you might
get fewer?

-Raymond

On Jun 2, 5:26 am, Andrej <kov...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> based on API doc there is a limit of3,200statuses for home timeline:
>
> 'Clients may access up to3,200statuses via the page and count

Neuromaster

Jun 18, 2010, 9:36:52 AM6/18/10
to Twitter Development Talk
Hi,

Same here, I can only get ~800 statuses.
16 days and no answer.
Why are they ignoring the question?

Taylor Singletary

Jun 18, 2010, 10:07:45 AM6/18/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
I'll look into this -- but i's possible it might be related to the cache issues that have spread over the past several days.

Also, your tweet count includes retweets. When you're fetching tweets from the user_timeline, it will not include retweets unless you explicitly specify ?include_rts=true for the resource. If you've made 500 tweets and 200 retweets, you'll only fetch 500 tweets using user_timeline without include_rts, and they won't be evenly spaced out per page (they'll be sparse per bucket -- if you ask for 200, and 100 of those were RTs, then you'd get 100 back for that page).

Taylor

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Jun 18, 2010, 10:13:07 AM6/18/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com, Neuromaster, Twitter Development Talk
Quoting Neuromaster <neuro...@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> Same here, I can only get ~800 statuses.
> 16 days and no answer.
> Why are they ignoring the question?

Same here - I think it started on the "night of chaos". Some peoples'
tweet counts were low, and the number of tweets I was able to retrieve
was roughly the same as my (low) tweet count. My tweet count is back
to normal but the number of tweets I can retrieve is not back up to 16
pages yet.