Developer Relations and the Twitter Platform

Jason Costa

Apr 26, 2011, 1:20:07 PM4/26/11
to Twitter Development Talk
Hi all,

My name is Jason Costa, and I joined Twitter last week to take on
the role of Developer Relations Manager. I'll be 100% focused on
ensuring the best possible developer experience for those looking
to build on the Twitter Platform.

Fostering the developer ecosystem is extremely important to
Twitter, and we're committed to seeing that ecosystem grow and
thrive. My role will be less involved with day to day support, and
more on ensuring a healthy developer community and improved
communication. I'll be working closely with Ryan, Taylor, Matt,
and Arnaud to make that a reality.

If you have feedback or questions, please feel free to send me an
email anytime: jason...@twitter.com, or you can find me on
Twitter as @jasoncosta. I'd love to hear from you.

We'll be holding a developer-focused event at the Twitter
headquarters in a few weeks, so keep an eye out for a registration
announcement here later this week.

Thanks,

--Jason

Faustino Forcén

Apr 26, 2011, 1:31:40 PM4/26/11
to Twitter Development Talk
Hi and welcome, Jason

Do you plan to hold any similar event in Europe?

Thanks,

Faustino

Adam Green

Apr 26, 2011, 1:53:28 PM4/26/11
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Welcome, Jason. Let me be the first, but certainly not the last to remind you that many of us are not in the Bay area. Since airfares cost much less with 30 days notice, please keep this in mind when announcing developer events. For example, a flight from Boston to SFO costs half as much to fly a month from now rather than 15 days in the future. That is significant.

Change your membership to this group: http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk

--
Adam Green
Twitter API Consultant and Analyst

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Apr 26, 2011, 2:04:22 PM4/26/11
On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 10:53 AM, Adam Green <140...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Welcome, Jason. Let me be the first, but certainly not the last to remind
> you that many of us are not in the Bay area. Since airfares cost much less
> with 30 days notice, please keep this in mind when announcing developer
> events. For example, a flight from Boston to SFO costs half as much to fly a
> month from now rather than 15 days in the future. That is significant.

So are lodging costs for conferences in Boston relative to PDX. ;-)
--
http://twitter.com/znmeb http://borasky-research.net

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." -- Paul Erdős

Joel Strellner

Apr 26, 2011, 2:01:32 PM4/26/11
to Twitter Development Talk
Welcome aboard Jason. I'm looking forward to hearing about the event
and to working with you in the future.

-Joel

On Apr 26, 10:20 am, Jason Costa <jasonco...@twitter.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My name is Jason Costa, and I joined Twitter last week to take on
> the role of Developer Relations Manager. I'll be 100% focused on
> ensuring the best possible developer experience for those looking
> to build on the Twitter Platform.
>
> Fostering the developer ecosystem is extremely important to
> Twitter, and we're committed to seeing that ecosystem grow and
> thrive. My role will be less involved with day to day support, and
> more on ensuring a healthy developer community and improved
> communication. I'll be working closely with Ryan, Taylor, Matt,
> and Arnaud to make that a reality.
>
> If you have feedback or questions, please feel free to send me an
> email anytime: jasonco...@twitter.com, or you can find me on

Bess

Apr 26, 2011, 7:03:49 PM4/26/11
to Twitter Development Talk
Welcome Jason!

I'd love to get your help in extending my xAuth permission so our team
could finish and demo the app for Twitter API developer book. There
are many delays outside my area as contributing author. My xAuth has
expired for the time limit.

I'd love to invite you and your team to engage our book tour and
related developer and promotional events for the Twitter API book. The
book took 3 years to finish b/c we have been constantly rewriting the
chapters due to the constant changes and SDK upgrades. I am looking
forward to build a better relationship with Twitter.

After spending many months on the book I would be ready to teach
Twitter courses for web / mobile. I hope you would love to extend any
kind assistance to future Twitter instructor.

Bess