Bringing rate limits back to normal

1 view

Alex Payne

Jul 8, 2008, 5:10:54 PM7/8/08
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
We're attempting to get back to 70 requests per hour this week. We've
just now raised the limit to 40 per hour and things are holding
steady. If all continues to go well, we should be back to 70 today or
tomorrow. We'll try to keep it there barring special events that are
announced ahead of time.

--
Alex Payne
http://twitter.com/al3x

Aaron Brazell

Jul 8, 2008, 5:14:46 PM7/8/08
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Keep BlogHer on your radar as a "special event" in two weeks. Those mommybloggers are crazy on Twitter.

Otherwise, hopefully we can assum some semblance of normalcy shortly. Thanks for the good work and the update.
Aaron Brazell
web:: www.technosailor.com
phone:: 410-608-6620
skype:: technosailor
twitter:: @technosailor

Terry Jones

Jul 8, 2008, 5:21:56 PM7/8/08
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com

Alex> We'll try to keep it there barring special events that are announced
Alex> ahead of time.

You've just put your foot in it Alex :-)

Terry

Alex Payne

Jul 9, 2008, 8:15:54 PM7/9/08
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Some of you have noticed that we've currently upped the allowed
requests per hour to 100. We're still testing whether this rate works
for us, but so far so good. We'll make a formal announcement once we
know we can stick with it. At the very least, we won't be going back
below 70.

This improvement is largely due to the work of Evan Weaver, a fairly
recent addition to the Twitter team who you may have seen helping out
around this group. He's awesome. If you like having 100 requests per
hour, send him ponies.

--
Alex Payne
http://twitter.com/al3x

Andrew Badera

Jul 9, 2008, 8:18:01 PM7/9/08
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Rock on, Twitter dev team, especially Evan! We appreciate your efforts!

--Andy Badera

Marco Kaiser

Jul 9, 2008, 8:34:48 PM7/9/08
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, that's great to see. Thanks for your hard work!

Dossy Shiobara

Jul 9, 2008, 9:00:53 PM7/9/08
Alex Payne wrote:
> This improvement is largely due to the work of Evan Weaver, a fairly
> recent addition to the Twitter team who you may have seen helping out
> around this group. He's awesome. If you like having 100 requests per
> hour, send him ponies.

SQUEE! ^5, Evan! :-)

Now, if the friends/followers API data could just return correctly for
users so Twitter Karma can work right again ... all would be right in
the world! :-)

--
Dossy Shiobara | do...@panoptic.com | http://dossy.org/
Panoptic Computer Network | http://panoptic.com/

Cameron Kaiser

Jul 9, 2008, 9:21:56 PM7/9/08
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
> Some of you have noticed that we've currently upped the allowed
> requests per hour to 100. We're still testing whether this rate works
> for us, but so far so good. We'll make a formal announcement once we
> know we can stick with it. At the very least, we won't be going back
> below 70.
>
> This improvement is largely due to the work of Evan Weaver, a fairly
> recent addition to the Twitter team who you may have seen helping out
> around this group. He's awesome. If you like having 100 requests per
> hour, send him ponies.

How about a beer? You guys drink beer, right? ;-)

Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * cka...@floodgap.com
-- Kind of dangerous, but what fun is a safe shredder? -- Mike McFadden -------

Damon Clinkscales

Jul 9, 2008, 10:34:01 PM7/9/08
On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 7:15 PM, Alex Payne <al...@twitter.com> wrote:

> This improvement is largely due to the work of Evan Weaver, a fairly
> recent addition to the Twitter team who you may have seen helping out
> around this group. He's awesome. If you like having 100 requests per
> hour, send him ponies.

Kudos!

Thanks,
-damon

Lachlan Hardy

Jul 9, 2008, 11:50:31 PM7/9/08
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
I'm also willing to send beer. Rocking work, folks!

Chris Thomson

Jul 10, 2008, 12:46:50 AM7/10/08
to Twitter Development Talk
Thanks so much guys. You all rock. 100 requests per hour? Hell, I
would've been fine with 50 requests, but 100? Wowzers. Unexpected, and
amazing.

On Jul 9, 8:15 pm, "Alex Payne" <a...@twitter.com> wrote:
> Some of you have noticed that we've currently upped the allowed
> requests per hour to 100.  We're still testing whether this rate works
> for us, but so far so good.  We'll make a formal announcement once we
> know we can stick with it.  At the very least, we won't be going back
> below 70.
>
> This improvement is largely due to the work of Evan Weaver, a fairly
> recent addition to the Twitter team who you may have seen helping out
> around this group.  He's awesome.  If you like having 100 requests per
> hour, send him ponies.

Mike Scott

Jul 10, 2008, 1:54:41 AM7/10/08
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, awesome work!

Thanks to both Evan Weaver and Alex Payne, you both deserve much applause.

Maybe you should update the status.twitter.com page though - it still
seems to think you're limited to 20 an hour... whoops!

--
Robert Benchley - "Drawing on my fine command of the English
language, I said nothing."

Alex Payne

Jul 10, 2008, 2:20:18 AM7/10/08
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
We'll update status.twitter.com when we're absolutely 100% sure that
we're committed to a particular rate per hour number. We want to keep
you guys up to date, but it's not worth bugging users about until it's
more concrete.

--
Alex Payne
http://twitter.com/al3x

Evan Weaver

Jul 10, 2008, 2:25:01 AM7/10/08
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Alex, and everyone.

You may have noticed that the pagination is back for the
friends_timeline, too. You are also allowed to specify 'count' for
friends_timeline and user_timeline. Please observe, however, the
suggestions in the section "be nice to the servers".

Incidentally, I live in Delaware, so if you send beer to Twitter HQ, I
won't get it...

Evan

--
Evan Weaver

dean.j.robinson

Jul 10, 2008, 8:30:27 AM7/10/08
to Twitter Development Talk
PAGING IS BACK !!!!!

woot, lets hope its stays :D

Thanks guys, as always you're work is much appreciated.