Using Search API to get a list of replies to specific tweet

Dan

Jul 31, 2010, 5:22:15 PM7/31/10
to Twitter Development Talk
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible to use the Search API to get a list
of tweets that are in reply to a specific tweet. For example, is there
any way to send a tweet ID to the Search API, and then retrieve all
tweets that are in reply to this specific ID?

Thank you.

Ryan W

Aug 1, 2010, 1:03:21 AM8/1/10
to Twitter Development Talk
Not directly in the search api, you can read a bit about this here:

http://code.google.com/p/twitter-api/issues/detail?id=142
http://code.google.com/p/twitter-api/issues/detail?id=1238

Sounds like this is or will be easier in Streaming API, though I
haven't tried yet. I have done something like this with a combination
of the Search and REST APIs. Search for mentions of the user who
tweeted the specific id. Then for each of those, do a call to the
REST API (/statuses/show/id) and check if the in_reply_to_status_id
matches the orginal. That's how I track the replies on the
lazytweet.com.