API Changes: direct message limits and pagination

Alex Payne

Jul 9, 2007, 10:29:52 PM7/9/07
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Couple updates for you all today:

1. We were alerted to the fact that direct message API output wasn't
limited in any way. Those of you who had sent or retrieved many
direct messages were seeing very slow response times as our servers
churned through hundreds of messages. This has been resolved: both
of the direct message retrieval methods are now limited to the 20
most recent messages by default. Which brings me to...

2. Pagination. This has been an undocumented feature of a couple of
our API methods for some time, but I've now documented its
availability at http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-
talk/web/api-documentation. If you need to page back further in a
user's archive of updates or direct messages, you can now do so.
Please be sparing with this API feature, as it's not the most
friendly to our database.

Enjoy, and please reply with any questions or feedback.

--
Alex Payne
http://twitter.com/al3x

Justin Williams

Jul 10, 2007, 12:48:21 AM7/10/07
to Twitter Development Talk
Pagination is definitely something I'm looking forward to
implementing. Thank you.

-
Justin Williams
Owner, Second Gear