jabber bot reliability

1 view

Colm McMullan

Jun 1, 2007, 5:30:28 AM6/1/07
to Twitter Development Talk
hi,

i've been trying to do some development recently using your jabber bot
but unfortunately it's never up!

even when it comes online i have great difficulty in getting a message
to deliver to it.

can anyone help?

thanks,
colm

James Seng

Jun 1, 2007, 5:40:56 AM6/1/07
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
jabber is still too unreliable sadly :-(

Colm McMullan

Jun 1, 2007, 12:52:48 PM6/1/07
to Twitter Development Talk
i was really hoping for something more encouraging than that. i'm
guessing you don't work for twitter though, could i please ask for
some official word on this?

thanks
colm

On Jun 1, 10:40 am, "James Seng" <j...@seng.sg> wrote:
> jabber is still too unreliable sadly :-(

Alex Payne

Jun 1, 2007, 1:54:03 PM6/1/07
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
If you'd like some official word: we're working on Jabber and delivery
stability, but it's an uphill battle. For that reason, Jabber/XMPP is
not presently a supported platform for third-party development. I'm
hoping this changes real soon :)

On 6/1/07, Colm McMullan <colm.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Alex Payne