[search api] is it possible to search replies from a certain status_id?

arian

Jul 21, 2010, 8:15:05 AM7/21/10
to Twitter Development Talk
hi guys,
I need monitor replies from certain status.
I would like to use search api, but according to search api doc it's
impossible.
I only ask you to know for sure.

for example, I would like to be able ask for search api for replies
from a status providing in_reply_to_status_id value.

the only way I found is to ask for user timeline and check manually
the in_reply_to_status_id attribute.
is it the better way?

tks in advance
Arian

tsmango

Jul 21, 2010, 1:06:43 PM7/21/10
to Twitter Development Talk
Unfortunately, there isn't a single API method that allows this.

From the FAQ: http://dev.twitter.com/pages/api_faq#replies

Q: How do I get all replies to a particular status?
A: For now, there's not a great way to do this. We've heard the
requests, though, and we'll be providing a solution for it before too
long.

arian

Jul 22, 2010, 10:58:48 PM7/22/10
to Twitter Development Talk