Error 403 while getFollowers : Twitter Iphone MGTwitterEngine

Amit Battan Ror

Jun 10, 2011, 7:33:21 AM6/10/11
to Twitter Development Talk, batt...@gmail.com
Hi All

I am using Twitter-OAuth-iPhone https://github.com/bengottlieb/Twitter-OAuth-iPhone
I am calling [twitterObj getFollowersIncludingCurrentStatus:NO] for
getting my friend list which was working fine. But from last two days
its giving me the 403 error.

-- Twitter Request FD751461-39C4-4EAB-A0F7-D1ED262B19EA failed with
error: Error Domain=HTTP Code=403 "The operation couldn’t be
completed. (HTTP error 403.)"

As twitter api wiki 403 is due to crossing the limit of updates and DM

but here in getFollowersIncludingCurrentStatus Why this error
occurring and even list is not comes next day giving same 403 error.

Thanks
Amit Battan

Amit Battan Ror

Jun 13, 2011, 6:39:27 AM6/13/11
to Twitter Development Talk
any idea guys

On Jun 10, 4:33 pm, Amit Battan Ror <batta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am using Twitter-OAuth-iPhonehttps://github.com/bengottlieb/Twitter-OAuth-iPhone

Bill Jacobson

Jun 13, 2011, 8:53:52 AM6/13/11
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Amit,

I don't know your library, but in my case the 403 was accompanied by the
message "Not authorized to use this endpoint" and the solution was to
update to "http://api.twitter.com/1 [etc.]".

Bill Jacobson

On 06/13/2011 05:39 AM, Amit Battan Ror wrote:
> any idea guys
>
> On Jun 10, 4:33 pm, Amit Battan Ror<batta...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> I am using Twitter-OAuth-iPhonehttps://github.com/bengottlieb/Twitter-OAuth-iPhone
>> I am calling [twitterObj getFollowersIncludingCurrentStatus:NO] for
>> getting my friend list which was working fine. But from last two days
>> its giving me the 403 error.
>>
>> -- Twitter Request FD751461-39C4-4EAB-A0F7-D1ED262B19EA failed with

>> error: Error Domain=HTTP Code=403 "The operation couldn�t be

Amit Battan Ror

Jun 13, 2011, 9:05:58 AM6/13/11
to Twitter Development Talk
I am not getting the solution.

and my API was working fine beofre 2 3 days..

but not now..

all other API except getFollowersIncludingCurrentStatus working ok and
return proper output

Bill Jacobson

Jun 13, 2011, 11:44:50 AM6/13/11
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
I'm suggesting that you find out what endpoint (Twitter URL) your app is
targeting, and make sure that it matches what is currently documented.
If it doesn't match, correct it. That's what worked for me.

On 06/13/2011 08:05 AM, Amit Battan Ror wrote:
> I am not getting the solution.
>
> and my API was working fine beofre 2 3 days..
>
> but not now..
>
> all other API except getFollowersIncludingCurrentStatus working ok and
> return proper output
>
> On Jun 13, 5:53 pm, Bill Jacobson<gabe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Amit,
>>
>> I don't know your library, but in my case the 403 was accompanied by the
>> message "Not authorized to use this endpoint" and the solution was to
>> update to "http://api.twitter.com/1[etc.]".
>>
>> Bill Jacobson
>>
>> On 06/13/2011 05:39 AM, Amit Battan Ror wrote:
>>

>>> any idea guys

Bill Jacobson

Jun 13, 2011, 12:07:44 PM6/13/11
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com

Amit Battan Ror

Jun 14, 2011, 1:14:17 AM6/14/11
to Twitter Development Talk
Thanks Bill

I will check and try to track URL ..

kamesh SmartDude

Jun 14, 2011, 2:23:08 AM6/14/11
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
i Found this API In Deprecated list....we have to use another API's

go to this link http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk/browse_thread/thread/aa465ee6c315e04d#

//kamesh

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 11:08 AM, Amit Battan Ror <batt...@gmail.com> wrote:
Bill

Working fine : https://twitter.com/statuses/friends_timeline.xml

Not Working Giving 403 Error : https://twitter.com/statuses/followers.xml

Change your membership to this group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/twitter-development-talk

Amit Battan Ror

Jun 14, 2011, 1:38:24 AM6/14/11
to Twitter Development Talk

Bill Jacobson

Jun 14, 2011, 8:04:34 AM6/14/11
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Amit,

Your endpoint is obsolete and no longer supported by Twitter. That's why you got the 403. Statuses/followers will succeed if you change it to http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/followers.xml

BUT this API is deprecated. Read all about it here: http://dev.twitter.com/doc/get/statuses/followers

Bill

Amit Battan Ror

Jun 15, 2011, 7:16:53 AM6/15/11
to Twitter Development Talk
thanks Bill

it is solved now
I change
#define TWITTER_DOMAIN @"twitter.com"
#define TWITTER_DOMAIN @"api.twitter.com/1"
in MGTwitterEngine.m

Amit Battan

On Jun 14, 5:04 pm, Bill Jacobson <gabe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Amit,
>
> Your endpoint is obsolete and no longer supported by Twitter. That's why
> you got the 403. Statuses/followers will succeed if you change it tohttp://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/followers.xml
> <https://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/followers.xml>

Amit Battan Ror

Jun 15, 2011, 7:34:36 AM6/15/11
to Twitter Development Talk
one more issue /... as I want to get the list of my all follower
But I seen in some discussion as this API not return all the friends.
It only return the recently updated friends with there status.
Is it?
and what is the API which I want?

On Jun 14, 5:04 pm, Bill Jacobson <gabe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Amit,
>
> Your endpoint is obsolete and no longer supported by Twitter. That's why
> you got the 403. Statuses/followers will succeed if you change it tohttp://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/followers.xml
> <https://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/followers.xml>

Taylor Singletary

Jun 15, 2011, 9:56:22 AM6/15/11
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
If you want to retrieve all of a user's followers, you first get their ids by cursoring through http://api.twitter.com/1/followers/ids.json?cursor=-1 [1] -- after retrieving that data, you'll want to expand them for user ids into "hydrated" user objects. To do this, pass 50 to 80 (maximum 100, but I recommend lower maximums for best performance) of the ids at a time to the bulk users lookup [2] API method. For some users this may take only two API requests: one for the followers' ids, and another for the users/lookup.

@episod - Taylor Singletary

kamesh SmartDude

Jun 15, 2011, 10:03:06 AM6/15/11
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Hai wpisod,

how can i get only a specific number(Suppose 20 IDs only) of IDS using the API (http://dev.twitter.com/doc/get/followers/ids).

I tested this API using "count" parameter in API...but it is ignoring this parameter and returning nearly 5000 ID's At a time if the the user has followers more than 5000

Please guide me ASAP.

//Kamesh

kamesh SmartDude

Jun 15, 2011, 10:06:51 AM6/15/11
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Dear episod,

sry for the spell mistake....and sorry for not checking the reply u already gave for the thread i started.

thanks for the reply to that post.

//kamesh

Echo

Jun 22, 2011, 2:51:39 AM6/22/11
to Twitter Development Talk
Thanks Bill.

statuses/followers and statuses/friends are deprecated. Is there a
timeline in twitter to announce when will the deprecated API be
closed? I wonder the deadline since our app is depending them .
Thanks!

Echo

On 6月14日, 下午8时04分, Bill Jacobson <gabe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Amit,
>
> Your endpoint is obsolete and no longer supported by Twitter. That's why
> you got the 403. Statuses/followers will succeed if you change it tohttp://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/followers.xml
> <https://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/followers.xml>

Matt Harris

Jun 23, 2011, 5:56:29 PM6/23/11
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Hi Echo,

We haven't announced an end of life date for these methods but we wanted to mark them as deprecated so help developers know they are not suitable anymore.

We recommend moving to the friends/ids, followers/ids and users/lookup pattern at your next opportunity though.

Best,
@themattharris
Developer Advocate, Twitter

Echo

Jul 4, 2011, 1:57:46 AM7/4/11
to Twitter Development Talk
Thanks Matt.

You are right. Friends/ids and users/lookup can take the place of
statuses/friends. However, it will spend two API remaining number and
two response time.
Maybe implementing statuses/friends with friends/ids and users/lookup
in Twitter API side will be better?

Best regards,
Echo