OAuth DELETE LIST problem

Wilfred yau

Nov 26, 2009, 9:48:17 PM11/26/09
to Twitter Development Talk
Hello all,

When I call _method= DELETE in List API, I got 401 Unauthorized from
api.twitter.com.
After I read the document of OAuth, it mention that "_" is no need to
encode so it may be a another problem.
I have try when I using other parameter include "_" like
"a_method=DELETE" is work well and return 200 OK,
So, I wound it is the problem in server side?? I can't develop in my
twitter Client using Flex in FireFox more since this problem ,can any
twitter support team member help me to find out what is the problem??
or any people can success use _method as parameter in Oauth can
provide solution for me??
Thanks.

Wilfred

volker

Dec 14, 2009, 10:37:02 AM12/14/09
to Twitter Development Talk
i think your base String should look like this:

base:
DELETE&http%3A%2F%2Fstaging.xxxx.com%2Fapi%2Fmodel%xxxx%2Fcontroller
%2F2467&oauth_consumer_key%thekey%26oauth_nonce
%3D1429%26oauth_signature_method%3DHMAC-SHA1%26oauth_timestamp
%3D1260804448%26oauth_token%3Dtoken%26oauth_version%3D1.0

so you had to strip out _method=delete and send via POST but the
basestring must start with DELETE

maybe this helps

Volker

Abraham Williams

Dec 15, 2009, 6:11:30 PM12/15/09
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
The proper method is with DELETE and no _method=delete. For environments where you can only make GETs and POSTs you can add _method=delete as a work around.

That being said I've had issues with random lists being frozen and not deletable. I've heard a number of other people mention the same issue.

Abraham
--
Abraham Williams | Awesome Lists | http://bit.ly/sprout608
Project | Intersect | http://intersect.labs.poseurtech.com

Matthew Terenzio

Dec 15, 2009, 6:19:57 PM12/15/09
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
There MAY also be an issue with how a DELETE request is formed. Try putting the parameters in the query string if you aren't. That seemed to make it work for me when it wasn't.

Orian Marx (@orian)

Dec 22, 2009, 12:11:57 AM12/22/09
to Twitter Development Talk
There is a bug logged for this in the issue tracker. I can't get it
working with _method=DELETE either.
http://code.google.com/p/twitter-api/issues/detail?id=1239