Can search API return just Number of query matches?

Michelle Guy

Apr 11, 2009, 3:07:20 PM4/11/09
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to get back just the total number of tweets (non the actualy tweets themselves) that match a query submitted via the Search API?  For example, can i get back the total number of tweets that have a particular phrase?  I am not looking to get the tweets text, nor any other tweet information, only the total count of tweets that match my query criteria.

I know I can specify the number of returns per page, and then request each additional page until there are no more (up to the 1500 limit per query), but I'm hoping to reduce the number of queries and hits I need to make to twitter.com.

thanks,
michelle

Abraham Williams

Apr 11, 2009, 4:21:16 PM4/11/09
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
No. Counting the responses you get is currently the only way.

Abraham
--
Abraham Williams | http://the.hackerconundrum.com
Hacker | http://abrah.am | http://twitter.com/abraham