Retweets not appearing in status/user_timeline when using JSON output

Christian Joudrey

Feb 11, 2010, 3:09:42 PM2/11/10
to Twitter Development Talk
Hello,

I have a bizarre issue with status/user_timeline.

When output is set to RSS, retweets appear in the output:

i.e. http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/27691615.rss

However, if you set the output to JSON, retweets disapear:

http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/27691615.json

Is this a known issue with the API?

Best regards,

Christian

Raffi Krikorian

Feb 12, 2010, 11:26:31 AM2/12/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
from http://apiwiki.twitter.com/Twitter-REST-API-Method%3A-statuses-user_timeline

"Note: For backwards compatibility reasons, retweets are stripped out of the user_timeline when calling in XML or JSON (they appear with 'RT' in RSS and Atom). If you'd like them included, you can merge them in from statuses retweeted_by_me."
--
Raffi Krikorian
Twitter Platform Team

Julio Biason

Feb 12, 2010, 7:16:50 PM2/12/10
On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 2:26 PM, Raffi Krikorian <ra...@twitter.com> wrote:
> from http://apiwiki.twitter.com/Twitter-REST-API-Method%3A-statuses-user_timeline
> "Note: For backwards compatibility reasons, retweets are stripped out of the
> user_timeline when calling in XML or JSON (they appear with 'RT' in RSS and
> Atom). If you'd like them included, you can merge them in from statuses
> retweeted_by_me."

Or use the home_timeline.

Just wondering if pointing to home_timeline wouldn't be better than
pointing to retweeted_by_me...

--
Julio Biason <julio....@gmail.com>
Twitter: http://twitter.com/juliobiason