Data returned by users show method drastically reduced

bartt

Jul 10, 2008, 12:06:24 PM7/10/08
to Twitter Development Talk
What happened to the users show method? It used to return a lot more
data. Now at least the following data is missing:

- friends
- favorites
- timezone
- design settings

Is this a bug or intentional? The API documentation makes no mention
of a change to the users show method.

=bartt

Drew

Jul 10, 2008, 1:21:24 PM7/10/08
to Twitter Development Talk
Yeah, I just noticed this as well. There was nothing announced on the
Twitter Status page about this. Would be nice if there was a heads up
before these changes are made.

-Drew

Hans Engel

Jul 10, 2008, 2:05:02 PM7/10/08
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
This is happening to me also - I'm not receiving the friend count,
update count, or favorites count.

-Hans

Evan Weaver

Jul 10, 2008, 2:05:27 PM7/10/08
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
I think this is a known bug, can you file a ticket if it's not?

Evan

--
Evan Weaver

Drew

Jul 10, 2008, 1:35:02 PM7/10/08
to Twitter Development Talk
FYI, here's the full list of now missing elements:

friends_count
favourites_count
utc_offset
time_zone
following
statuses_count
created_at
> > =bartt- Hide quoted text -

Chris Scott

Jul 14, 2008, 8:36:13 AM7/14/08
to Twitter Development Talk
I'm seeing this as well, but it isn't consistent. For example, my
username (chrisscott) gives the abbreviated info but using the example
username (bob) from the API docs gives the full info. I've also been
able to see the full info. for some other accounts.

If there's been a bug filed, can someone let me know and I'll post
details there if needed?

--
Chris Scott

Kevin Tronkowski

Jul 14, 2008, 9:44:25 PM7/14/08
to Twitter Development Talk
FYI...

I saw this the other day (http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-
development-talk/browse_thread/thread/849f55441abdf59e?hl=en). I
didn't see a bug entered for it yet so I entered a bug for it tonight
(http://code.google.com/p/twitter-api/issues/detail?id=29). Apologies
to Evan and crew if it was already entered.

Kevin