is /home changing to /home/timeline (which to use for future pre-filling of tweets) ?

Rodney

Apr 2, 2009, 7:35:58 PM4/2/09
to Twitter Development Talk
With the new layout with the #sidey search bar the http://twitter.com/home
page forwards to http://twitter.com/timeline/home

This breaks those links that are pre-filling the tweet by linking to /
home

So before this would work:

http://twitter.com/home?status=hello+world

But on the new @home page with the search in the sidebar, it doesn't
work (doesn't prefill the input box). It has to be:

http://twitter.com/timeline/home?status=hello+world

On the Twitter Support page where it talks about the new "mentions"
instead of @replies it has a link that says "Take me back to
Twitter.com"
http://help.twitter.com/portal

But that "Take me back to Twitter.com" links to: http://twitter.com/timeline/home
(which gives a 404 for users who *don't* have the new #sidey
searchbar)

All of that to say, which will be the correct way to link going
forward? I know there's a few apps that prefill the box for the user
that may need to be updated.

Doug Williams

Apr 2, 2009, 7:54:45 PM4/2/09
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Issue 413 [1] explains that this is a general site issue but from developers you need to know where we are going. The http://twitter.com/timeline/home URL will be the address moving forward, so please develop against that.

Both of the errors you mentioned, pre-filled update box and the help.twitter.com link URL, are being addressed.

1. http://code.google.com/p/twitter-api/issues/detail?id=413

Thanks,
Doug Williams
Twitter API Support
http://twitter.com/dougw

Abraham Williams

Apr 2, 2009, 7:54:50 PM4/2/09
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
The issue of of redirecting from /home to /timeline/home and carrying over ?status=hello+world was fixed this afternoon. Or at least it was for me. If it still does not work for you try bringing it up on gsfn [1].

[1] http://getsatisfaction.com/twitter/topics/redirect_from_home_to_timeline_home_drops_get_params
--
Abraham Williams | Hacker | http://abrah.am
@poseurtech | http://the.hackerconundrum.com