Discovering Who To Follow through the Twitter API

Taylor Singletary

Jul 30, 2010, 4:10:09 PM7/30/10
to twitter-development-talk
Hi Developers,

We're rolling out new features to the site today called "Suggestions for You," These features help users discover relevant Twitter users to follow, based on social graph analytics and algorithms designed by our user relevance team. You can read more about this feature announcement in our blog post at http://blog.twitter.com/2010/07/discovering-who-to-follow.html.

Twitter's vision for how and where these relevant recommendations will surface can be found on our website. With the API, developers can build similar features in their applications or, as we expect many of you will want to do, invent new utilizations for the data. Methods will be available for obtaining suggestions for the current user as well as getting the users recommended as similar to another user. Look for developer documentation on these new platform resources soon.

Finding relevant accounts to follow on Twitter is about to get easier. What will you build?

Taylor Singletary
Developer Advocate

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Jul 30, 2010, 6:52:07 PM7/30/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com, Taylor Singletary, twitter-development-talk
Is this in the API, or just on the web site?
--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
http://borasky-research.net http://twitter.com/znmeb

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." - Paul Erdos

Taylor Singletary

Jul 30, 2010, 7:00:18 PM7/30/10
to M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ed,

An API for this feature is coming very soon... And "you're going to love it!"

Taylor

On Friday, July 30, 2010, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Jul 30, 2010, 7:24:40 PM7/30/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com, Taylor Singletary, twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
I'm still trying to figure out who gets recommended when someone
follows me ... thinking about crowdsourcing it. ;-)

Sudhanshu

Jul 31, 2010, 4:11:59 AM7/31/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com

This is really exciting. Wondering what power the API gives us. Identifying user characteristics from data and categorizing into  terms would be useful.

Sudhanshu

~*~