Twitter source parameter and whitelisting

Twitblogs

Dec 19, 2008, 12:53:48 PM12/19/08
to Twitter Development Talk
Hi Alex

I have enter both of the twitter request forms for whitelisting and
twitter source. I think the whitelisitng was approved but how can I
tell progammatically if this is the case. Secondly I realise twitter
are v.busy but how long can I expect to wait for the change to the
twitter source parameter.

Lastly are there any updates on the availability of the new API with
oauth support and also the firehose.

Thanks

Sam

Alex Payne

Dec 19, 2008, 2:22:47 PM12/19/08
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
You'll receive a confirmation email for approval or rejection of
whitelisting, and an email for approval of a source parameter. You
can tell you've been whitelisted programmatically by looking at the
/account/rate_limit_status method.

OAuth is still heading towards a beta, and that will be announced.
Likewise with the firehose.

--
Alex Payne - API Lead, Twitter, Inc.
http://twitter.com/al3x