OAuth URLEncode for VB.NET Libraries

Duane Roelands

Jul 28, 2009, 2:13:57 PM7/28/09
to Twitter Development Talk
My application appears to be back in the game, after some corrections
to my url encoding. I've posted the code here (http://dpaste.com/hold/
72568/) for the benefit of other VB.NET developers.

This is a VB.NET port of the URLEncode method found in the Twitter/
OAuth class from Shannon Whitley and Eran Sandler. They rock.

Hopefully, this gets you guys back in the game as well.

Andrew Badera

Jul 28, 2009, 2:15:43 PM7/28/09
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Good stuff Duane, I may refactor this into C#.

--ab

berr08

Jul 29, 2009, 11:45:16 AM7/29/09
to Twitter Development Talk
Any chance you can post your oAuth.vb

I made this change to no avail. Then I noticed that I was passing the
Token Secret into the sig. base. But still nothing! I am going nuts!

On Jul 28, 2:15 pm, Andrew Badera <and...@badera.us> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Duane Roelands <duane.roela...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > My application appears to be back in the game, after some corrections
> > to my url encoding.  I've posted the code here (http://dpaste.com/hold/
> > 72568/ <http://dpaste.com/hold/%0A72568/>) for the benefit of other VB.NETdevelopers.

Ney Garcia

Jul 30, 2009, 12:53:42 PM7/30/09
to Twitter Development Talk
Hi guys,
I have gone into the same problem : my app uses OAuth to post tweets
and went ok over the weekend but on Monday, Twitter started refusing
OAuth posts. My app then tries to post using basic method, and it
works.
I also implemented OAuth using Shannon Whitley's example, which I
transformed in a Web Service.
I saw Duane's VB code but I havent noticed what has changed from
original UrlEncode method.
Would you give me any help ?

Thanks in advance.

Ney.

Duane Roelands

Jul 30, 2009, 2:35:25 PM7/30/09
to Twitter Development Talk
Here's TwitterOAuth.vb, the OAuth class I'm using for my Twitter
client.
http://dpaste.com/73411/

This is a VB.NET port of Shannon Whitley's C# class, with a few tweaks
and extensions. My client's still a 0.5 alpha, so it's entirely
possible that there are still holes in this. If you find any, I'd be
grateful to know so I can fix them.