Issues with parameters in API console

Mike Mazur

Jul 14, 2010, 3:05:57 AM7/14/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

When using the Twitter API console at http://dev.twitter.com/console
it seems support for query parameters is broken:

1. select "GET /1/statuses/home_timeline.json"
2. under "Parameters and values" put "page" and "4"
3. press "+ Add a query parameter"
4. press "Send"

The result is always page 1 of the home timeline. Looking at the
request I don't see any signs of a page query parameter.

Is this a known issue?

I tested with Firefox 3.6.6 and Google Chrome on Ubuntu Linux.

Also, the documentation for home_timeline at
http://dev.twitter.com/doc/get/statuses/home_timeline states there are
pagination limits (see page parameter doc). I wasn't able to find any
specific info in the FAQ; could someone point me to the details?

Thanks,
Mike

Matt Harris

Jul 14, 2010, 11:38:54 AM7/14/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

Thanks for letting us know about this. It is a known bug and is being tracked on our issue tracker [1]. We don't have an eta for a fix so in the meantime we recommend you try using the twurl command line tool [2] or a service like Apigiee [3].

Best,
Matt

--

Matt Harris
Developer Advocate, Twitter

Mike Mazur

Jul 14, 2010, 8:52:37 PM7/14/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply, I got twurl set up.

Any thoughts on the second question in my email?

> Also, the documentation for home_timeline at
> http://dev.twitter.com/doc/get/statuses/home_timeline states there are
> pagination limits (see page parameter doc). I wasn't able to find any
> specific info in the FAQ; could someone point me to the details?

I notice that only the first 40 pages contain tweets, any request with
page > 40 returns an empty array of statuses. Is this a documented
limitation? Does it change over time?

Thanks,
Mike