Multiple data-related variables in Tweet Button

epitaphmike

Aug 12, 2010, 1:04:25 PM8/12/10
to Twitter Development Talk
What would be the easiest way to add multiple accounts to suggest
people to follow after they use the new tweet button. We have 6
accounts for our Hockey Team and would like to suggest that our
followers follow all of them.

Marcelo Calbucci

Aug 12, 2010, 1:58:58 PM8/12/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
You can't. You are limited to 1 primary account (which will appear at the end on the tweet as "via @account"), and you can add 1 alternate account. That's all.

TweepML.org provides a way for people to follow multiple accounts at once, but it's not like the Tweet button. People are sent to another website.

--
-Marcelo

Twitter: @calbucci | blog.calbucci.com | Seattle 2.0

epitaphmike

Aug 12, 2010, 2:39:23 PM8/12/10
to Twitter Development Talk
It would be nice if there could be a few accounts in the list at the
end. Maybe create a cap like 5, instead of just one.

Matt Harris

Aug 12, 2010, 1:59:49 PM8/12/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

The related attribute takes a comma separated list of accounts to recommend once the user Tweets but will only display a maximum of two. In the FAQ [1] we explain this is more detail:
The Share Box will show two recommended accounts who the logged in user doesn’t already follow. By default the via user is shown first with the first related account shown afterwards. If the logged in user already follows the via user we will instead show the first two related accounts the user doesn’t already follow. There will be no recommended users displayed if the user follows all the suggested (via and related) accounts.

Hope that clarifies the current setup.
Matt

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 10:04 AM, epitaphmike <epita...@gmail.com> wrote:

--

Matt Harris
Developer Advocate, Twitter

epitaphmike

Aug 12, 2010, 3:42:36 PM8/12/10
to Twitter Development Talk
I am testing the comma separated list and it seems to stop suggesting
after a certain number in the list. For example I have 7 accounts in
the list, the first listed account i do not follow, the next 5 i do
follow and the last account I do not follow. When I tested the button,
it only displayed the first unfollowed account and didnt display both
the first listed and the last listed which I dont follow.

Do you know if there is a limit of how deep twitter checks the
following?