friends_timeline suddenly requires authorisation?!

Remy Sharp

May 31, 2008, 8:35:55 AM5/31/08
to Twitter Development Talk
Hi,

I've been using friends_timeline for a long time now, and today I've
noticed it's asking me to enter my username and password for the API.

http://www.twitter.com/statuses/friends_timeline/rem.json

Whereas before, regardless of whether I was logged in, or if I wanted
to change the username to al3x, I would be able to see the timeline.

What's suddenly changed?? Or more importantly - why?!? I can see the
documentation said it required authentication, but the actual API
request didn't - so there's functionality built around that feature.

Please, please consider removing this downgrade.

Thank you,

Remy Sharp.

dean.j.robinson

May 31, 2008, 8:53:13 AM5/31/08