multiple accounts for business users

1 view

mcquee...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2008, 1:49:18 AM1/27/08
to Twitter Development Talk
Can we make services that create fictional (non-user) accounts for our
own purposes? Its sort of like making sub accounts and they would all
be used in the same way that the primary account is used. If we do
create accounts in this way will we be shutdown? Are we encouraged to
do get creative like this? These accounts are not on behalf of other
users who need to opt-in, but are merely for further use of the
business. All of the accounts would be associated with the business.
We would use the published API, but we also want to extend our use a
little beyond the published API to include creation of accounts. Can
we do so?

Brian McQueen

Alex Payne

Feb 4, 2008, 1:35:33 PM2/4/08
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
You're definitely free to create as many accounts as you like, for
whatever identity you would like, as long as it fits our Terms of
Service. Many developers have created accounts that represent their
product or service. The one thing we don't allow, though, is
automated creation of accounts via the API.

--
Alex Payne
http://twitter.com/al3x