Please check you are using the correct API and host

Matt Harris

Dec 16, 2010, 7:54:04 PM12/16/10
to Twitter Development Talk
Hey Developers,

We recently reviewed a sample of your API requests, emails and support tickets and found that some of you were not using the correct domains.

While undocumented domains and endpoints may respond with data, you should avoid using them as they may be disabled or changed without notice.

Our network infrastructure is also updated from time to time. These changes are required for capacity planning or load balancing, but are generally transparent to you if you use the correct API host.

To avoid problems or outages with your applications you need to ensure you are using the correct hosts (and base paths) for the Twitter API you want to use. Even if your code is working now, you should check the hosts match those listed below:

REST API:
OAuth:
Streaming (Track):
Userstreams:
SiteStreams Beta:
Search:
Tweet Button:
@anywhere:
Web Widgets:

Some common errors include:
    * Incorrectly using http://twitter.com instead of http://api.twitter.com/1/
    * Incorrectly directing users to http://twitter.com/oauth/authorize instead of http://api.twitter.com/oauth/authorize

You can find the documented endpoints on our developer resources site:

Best,
@themattharris
Developer Advocate, Twitter

Abraham Williams

Dec 16, 2010, 7:57:51 PM12/16/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
https should be preferred on many of these especially anything that is transferring protected data.

Abraham
-------------
Abraham Williams | Hacker Advocate | abrah.am
@abraham | github.com/abraham | blog.abrah.am

Change your membership to this group: http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk

themattharris

Dec 17, 2010, 5:19:11 PM12/17/10
to Twitter Development Talk
SSL (https) is supported on some but not all hosts. You can use SSL
on:

* api.twitter.com
* userstream.twitter.com
* betastream.twitter.com