home_timeline.json returns too less tweets and some aren't visilbe on the web

mlowicki

Sep 22, 2010, 6:11:50 AM9/22/10
to Twitter Development Talk
I'm getting data via http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/home_timeline.json
with ajax request but lately i get very strange results. I'm asking by
default for last 25 tweets (count=25) but i get sometimes less. Right
now for my screen (mlowicki) in app we're developing I get 21 and
timeline is different (see how it see in widget - http://twitpic.com/2qtwuu,
and in the browser - http://twitpic.com/2qtx0h). In widget after
helmer's tweet i get 4 tweets that aren't visible in the browser. And
that is strange relation - I get 25 - 4 = 21 tweets. We checked that
before when my friend got 24 instead of 25 and one tweets wasn't
visible in the web as well. Any ideas?

BR,
Michał Łowicki

Tom van der Woerdt

Sep 22, 2010, 6:31:05 AM9/22/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com, Twitter Development Talk
Actually, count=x tells twitter to get x results from the database, not to return x items. Deleted tweets etc are counted as well: they are in the database but don't get returned.

Tom

> --
> Change your membership to this group: http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk?hl=en

mlowicki

Sep 22, 2010, 7:04:33 AM9/22/10
to Twitter Development Talk
But tweets that are displayed in widget but not on the web aren't
deleted. In some reason there is difference in these timelines. Btw is
any way to get exactly x items or some other way to detect when "more"
button should be displayed?

On Sep 22, 12:31 pm, Tom van der Woerdt <i...@tvdw.eu> wrote:
> Actually, count=x tells twitter to get x results from the database, not to return x items. Deleted tweets etc are counted as well: they are in the database but don't get returned.
>
> Tom
>
> On Sep 22, 2010, at 12:11 PM, mlowicki <mlowi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I'm getting data viahttp://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/home_timeline.json
> > with ajax request but lately i get very strange results. I'm asking by
> > default for last 25 tweets (count=25) but i get sometimes less. Right
> > now for my screen (mlowicki) in app we're developing I get 21 and
> > timeline is different (see how it see in widget -http://twitpic.com/2qtwuu,
> > and in the browser -http://twitpic.com/2qtx0h). In widget after

mlowicki

Sep 22, 2010, 8:23:08 AM9/22/10
to Twitter Development Talk
The same situation now:

widget - http://twitpic.com/2quvs7
web - http://twitpic.com/2quvx1

In widget there are 4 tweets between first operatester's tweet and
last visible by Yahoo that aren't visible on the web.

mlowicki

Sep 22, 2010, 9:15:41 AM9/22/10
to Twitter Development Talk
After some time in timeline on the web missing tweets are shown... but
still from time to time i get wrong results in app.

On Sep 22, 2:23 pm, mlowicki <mlowi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The same situation now:
>
> widget -http://twitpic.com/2quvs7
> web -http://twitpic.com/2quvx1

Taylor Singletary

Sep 22, 2010, 10:02:20 AM9/22/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Hi mlowicki,

There's no way to absolutely guarantee the number of results from the
home_timeline. However, you certainly can make it more predictable by
including the ?include_rts=true parameter when making your request.
This includes retweets in the payload, which, in most cases, are
probably the missing tweets you are looking for.

Taylor

mlowicki

Sep 22, 2010, 10:38:24 AM9/22/10
to Twitter Development Talk
Hi Taylor!
There problem aren't retweets. I got retweets in the timeline. Btw in
the home_timeline there isn't include_rts parameter (http://
dev.twitter.com/doc/get/statuses/home_timeline) at least there isn't
in the documentation.

On Sep 22, 4:02 pm, Taylor Singletary <taylorsinglet...@twitter.com>