Has something with OAuth changed?

1 view

dean.j.robinson

Jul 9, 2009, 7:25:37 PM7/9/09
to Twitter Development Talk
Everyone just magically got logged out of my hahlo4 beta, which was
working fine an hour ago, and now when they reauthorize its not
sticking.

OAuth login works fine, redirect back to hahlo4, but all api calls are
returning 401 status codes.

Saw mention in another topic regarding whether twitter.com or www.twitter.com
should be used when making api call, all my calls are currently using
https://twitter.com

Anyone else experiencing anything similar?

Matt Sanford

Jul 9, 2009, 7:26:37 PM7/9/09
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Some changes were just deployed and it looks like there may be a
bug. I'm looking into it now … hold tight and I'll update you all when
I know more.

Thanks;
– Matt Sanford / @mzsanford
Twitter Dev

Duane Roelands

Jul 9, 2009, 7:29:28 PM7/9/09
to Twitter Development Talk
Yes, my application - which was working this morning - is now getting
401s on every OAuth request.

Something changed.

On Jul 9, 7:25 pm, "dean.j.robinson" <Dean.J.Robin...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Everyone just magically got logged out of my hahlo4 beta, which was
> working fine an hour ago, and now when they reauthorize its not
> sticking.
>
> OAuth login works fine, redirect back to hahlo4, but all api calls are
> returning 401 status codes.
>
> Saw mention in another topic regarding whether  twitter.com orwww.twitter.com
> should be used when making api call, all my calls are currently usinghttps://twitter.com

Michael Pelz-Sherman

Jul 9, 2009, 7:33:05 PM7/9/09
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
I just did a successful authorization with my iphone app.

Hopefully it was just a temporary glitch.

Jul 9, 2009, 8:37:47 PM7/9/09
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

The issue has been fixed and from my testing it looks like things
are back to normal.

Sorry for the disruption;

– Matt Sanford / @mzsanford
Twitter Dev

dean.j.robinson

Jul 9, 2009, 8:53:33 PM7/9/09
to Twitter Development Talk
Awesome, thanks Matt, seems to be all working normally here too.

Duane Roelands

Jul 9, 2009, 9:03:51 PM7/9/09
to Twitter Development Talk

johann

Jul 9, 2009, 7:34:09 PM7/9/09
to Twitter Development Talk
Hi,

Same here, we re getting 401 on every OAuth requests.

thanks,

johann

@romefort
CTO @ Seesmic

Arnaud Meunier

Jul 9, 2009, 10:16:48 PM7/9/09
to Twitter Development Talk
On my side, things are back to normal since Matt announcement.

On the previous bug, the error message attached in the body was "Could
not authenticate you." Are you receiving the same error message?

Arnaud.

Duane Roelands

Jul 9, 2009, 10:18:52 PM7/9/09
to Twitter Development Talk
I'm getting the same thing I was getting earlier: 401 Unauthorized

On Jul 9, 10:16 pm, Arnaud Meunier <arnaud.meun...@twitoaster.com>

Arnaud Meunier

Jul 9, 2009, 10:36:44 PM7/9/09
to Twitter Development Talk
"Unauthorized" probably referes to the "official" description of the
HTTP 401 Code. I was wondering what was the Twitter error message you
received (if any) in the body of your response. Could be something
like "Invalid / used nonce" or "Invalid / expired token"...

Arnaud.