My Tweets, Retweeted

polomasta

Oct 14, 2010, 5:21:20 PM10/14/10
to Twitter Development Talk
In my application I would like to show "My Tweets, Retweeted" with the
rest of the Mentions for a user. (similar to the way they show up in
your mentions column in tweetdeck)

So far I haven't been able to figure out how to do this.. these tweets
don't show up via user/mentions.

I'm able to retrieve user/retweets_of_me but in the JSON response
there is no way to tell who in fact did the retweeting.

Can anyone give me a suggestion as to how to solve/implement this?

(It's a rails app and I'm using the twitter gem)

Here is an example of the response I get when calling user/
retweets_of_me ... I know for a fact his particular tweet has been
retweeted twice by others

=> <#Hashie::Mash contributors=nil coordinates=nil created_at="Thu Oct
14 18:35:07 +0000 2010" favorited=false geo=nil id=27366026129
in_reply_to_screen_name=nil in_reply_to_status_id=nil
in_reply_to_user_id=nil place=nil retweet_count=0 retweeted=false
source="<a href=\"http://twitter.com/tweetbutton\" rel=\"nofollow
\">Tweet Button</a>" text="Startup Profile: Mobestream Media |
 launchDFW http://t.co/3bEWuhq via @launchDFW" truncated=false
user=<#Hashie::Mash contributors_enabled=false created_at="Sat Mar 15
01:26:52 +0000 2008" description="ExpatEntrepreneur.tv, Designer &
Developer -- TweetSaver.com, IncaRentals.com, clkpic.com,
launchDFW.com, FreshieApp.com, TweetAbout.com, Hire-Engineers.com"
favourites_count=39 follow_request_sent=nil followers_count=1813
following=nil friends_count=1314 geo_enabled=true id=14150637
lang="en" listed_count=130 location="Lima, Perú" name="Bradley Joyce"
notifications=nil profile_background_color="cccccc"
profile_background_image_url="http://a1.twimg.com/
profile_background_images/98444516/blj_twitter.png"
profile_background_tile=true profile_image_url="http://a3.twimg.com/
profile_images/421303551/bradley_normal.png"
profile_link_color="a15f3b" profile_sidebar_border_color="FFFFFF"
profile_sidebar_fill_color="cccccc" profile_text_color="507e94"
profile_use_background_image=true protected=false
screen_name="bradleyjoyce" show_all_inline_media=false
statuses_count=3248 time_zone="Central Time (US & Canada)" url="http://
bradleyjoyce.me" utc_offset=-21600 verified=false>>

Taylor Singletary

Oct 14, 2010, 6:03:57 PM10/14/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Take a look at http://dev.twitter.com/doc/get/statuses/:id/retweeted_by

Taylor

Change your membership to this group: http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk

polomasta

Oct 14, 2010, 11:31:42 PM10/14/10
to Twitter Development Talk
ah thanks! that should do the trick :-)

On Oct 14, 5:03 pm, Taylor Singletary <taylorsinglet...@twitter.com>
wrote:
> Take a look athttp://dev.twitter.com/doc/get/statuses/:id/retweeted_by
>
> Taylor
>
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 2:21 PM, polomasta <poloma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > In my application I would like to show "My Tweets, Retweeted" with the
> > rest of the Mentions for a user. (similar to the way they show up in
> > your mentions column in tweetdeck)
>
> > So far I haven't been able to figure out how to do this.. these tweets
> > don't show up via user/mentions.
>
> > I'm able to retrieve user/retweets_of_me but in the JSON response
> > there is no way to tell who in fact did the retweeting.
>
> > Can anyone give me a suggestion as to how to solve/implement this?
>
> > (It's a rails app and I'm using the twitter gem)
>
> > Here is an example of the response I get when calling user/
> > retweets_of_me ... I know for a fact his particular tweet has been
> > retweeted twice by others
>
> > => <#Hashie::Mash contributors=nil coordinates=nil created_at="Thu Oct
> > 14 18:35:07 +0000 2010" favorited=false geo=nil id=27366026129
> > in_reply_to_screen_name=nil in_reply_to_status_id=nil
> > in_reply_to_user_id=nil place=nil retweet_count=0 retweeted=false
> > source="<a href=\"http://twitter.com/tweetbutton\" rel=\"nofollow
> > \">Tweet Button</a>" text="Startup Profile: Mobestream Media |
> >  launchDFWhttp://t.co/3bEWuhqvia @launchDFW" truncated=false

Toby

Oct 15, 2010, 10:13:16 AM10/15/10
to Twitter Development Talk
Wow, just what I was looking for! :)

Do any of you know, if it's possible to fetch retweets of a user
without authorizing as him? Or are they so 'secret' that only the
retweeted user should see them? :)

- 2biazdk
> > >  launchDFWhttp://t.co/3bEWuhqvia@launchDFW" truncated=false

Taylor Singletary

Oct 15, 2010, 10:23:34 AM10/15/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
I think this is what you're looking for -- it's not documented on the portal yet and came as part of the #newtwitter upgrades:

GET /1/statuses/retweeted_by_user.{format}
Does not require authentication, unless the user is protected.
Returns the 20 most recent retweets posted by the specified user. The
user is specified using the user_id or screen_name parameters. This
method is identical to statuses/retweeted_by_me except you can choose
the user to view.

Example: twurl /1/statuses/retweeted_by_user.json?screen_name=twitterapi

Taylor

Toby

Oct 15, 2010, 10:38:13 AM10/15/10
to Twitter Development Talk
Hi Taylor.

Thanks for the reply!

However I'm looking for at "retweets_of_user", instead of a
"retweeted_by_user" - if that makes sense.

I would like to fetch the retweeted tweets of a given user, not what
he has retweeted from others. :)

- 2biazdk

On 15 Okt., 16:23, Taylor Singletary <taylorsinglet...@twitter.com>

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Oct 15, 2010, 1:56:36 PM10/15/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com, Taylor Singletary
Quoting Taylor Singletary <taylorsi...@twitter.com>:

> I think this is what you're looking for -- it's not documented on the portal
> yet and came as part of the #newtwitter upgrades:

Speaking of "not documented yet" - how much of the API documentation
could be "crowdsourced"? It seems like there are developers here on
the list continually "discovering" stuff. Or maybe there's an
opportunity for some automation here? Data driven documentation?
Ruby's good for that sort of thing, I hear. ;-)

Just thinking out loud ...

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
http://borasky-research.net http://twitter.com/znmeb

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." - Paul Erdos>