Order By or return Follow Date?

lhl

Feb 20, 2008, 1:42:42 AM2/20/08
to Twitter Development Talk
Twitter Devs,

I'm looking at the followers API and I notice that when you do a query
(http://twitter.com/statuses/followers.xml), it returns your list of
followers ordered by user ID. Is there any way to order by the date
added (or to get the actual date of when they started following you)?

Dossy Shiobara

Feb 20, 2008, 7:51:08 AM2/20/08
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com

Ooh, yes: folks have asked for this in Twitter Karma too--can we get the
timestamp of when the friend/follower relationship was established in
the friends and followers API responses?

That would be keen.

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara | do...@panoptic.com | http://dossy.org/
Panoptic Computer Network | http://panoptic.com/

Alex Payne

Feb 20, 2008, 8:12:11 PM2/20/08
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
At some point, we'll do this. For now, too much sorting still makes
our database unhappy. Please sort client-side as much as possible.
I'll try to expose more timestamps so that's easier.

--
Alex Payne
http://twitter.com/al3x

Dossy Shiobara

Feb 20, 2008, 10:00:40 PM2/20/08
On 2008.02.20, Alex Payne <al...@al3x.net> wrote:

> At some point, we'll do this. For now, too much sorting still makes
> our database unhappy. Please sort client-side as much as possible.
> I'll try to expose more timestamps so that's easier.

I'm happy to do the sorting client-side, but yeah, having the timestamp
in the response would be necessary. Thanks, Alex!

lhl

Mar 27, 2008, 3:51:42 AM3/27/08
On Feb 20, 6:12 pm, "Alex Payne" <a...@al3x.net> wrote:
> At some point, we'll do this.  For now, too much sorting still makes
> our database unhappy.  Please sort client-side as much as possible.
> I'll try to expose more timestamps so that's easier.

hey, just following up - additional time stamps w/ of when someone
started following would be great. don't mind doing client-side
sorting, just need something to sort on!
thx,

.l