Why does status/followers require auth?

Terence Eden

Feb 21, 2010, 4:27:42 AM2/21/10
to Twitter Development Talk
From http://apiwiki.twitter.com/Twitter-REST-API-Method%3A-statuses%C2%A0followers

"Requires Authentication (about authentication):
false unless requesting it from a protected user; if getting this data
of a protected user, you must auth (and be allowed to see that user)."

But, if I am logged in to http://twitter.com/ I *can* see a protected
user's friends and followers - even if I'm not following them.

Anyone know the reason for this inconsistency?

Also the same for status/friends.

Thanks

Abraham Williams

Feb 21, 2010, 1:06:36 PM2/21/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
This also applies to the social graph methods which is very frustrating for my Intersect extension. [1]

Abraham

--
Abraham Williams | Community Advocate | http://abrah.am
Project | Out Loud | http://outloud.labs.poseurtech.com