Using @anywhere session credentials for REST API

knc

Aug 7, 2010, 3:25:37 AM8/7/10
to Twitter Development Talk
Hi, I am a little confused here. I am using @anywhere's (with the JS
file include) to authenticate a user into my application. After this,
let's say I would like to retrieve a list of the user's follower IDs -
how do I do that? I'm guessing I need to use the REST API for this,
but since the user is already authenticated, how will the new flow be?
How do I get the Oauth token and secret to make the calls with?

Taylor Singletary

Aug 9, 2010, 10:06:14 AM8/9/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
We'll have a solution for this announced soon that will allow you to move more seamlessly between the (non-OAuth 1.0a) access tokens that make up @Anywhere requests and server-side REST requests using OAuth 1.0a access tokens.

There are also other things you can do with @Anywhere using advanced portions of the @Anywhere API -- including, for instance, retrieving a list of the user's follower IDs. You can read a bit about this here: http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-dev-anywhere/browse_thread/thread/a66128188a24acdd/ee8bc9e68b8d8efc?lnk=gst&q=js+api#ee8bc9e68b8d8efc

Taylor

ArnoM.nl

Sep 4, 2010, 5:38:33 AM9/4/10
to Twitter Development Talk
Have there been any updates regarding this subject?

Kind regards,
Arno / @itavero