Is update_profile_background_image not working?

Max

Nov 22, 2008, 5:46:17 PM11/22/08
to Twitter Development Talk
Hey guys -

Working with the newish APIs for setting themes, and for some reason
update_profile_background_image is not setting the image. A couple of
things:

- I believe my multipart is correct because I can use the exact same
request body to update my avatar using update_profile_image
- The response coming back is the equivalant of a show (that is, I am
not getting any response other than a 200).

Also is there any timeline on the tile bit from October?

Thanks guys -

-Max

Alex Payne

Nov 22, 2008, 11:59:04 PM11/22/08
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
This is the first I've heard of it not working. Please email me
off-list with full request/response output and I'll investigate.

--
Alex Payne - API Lead, Twitter, Inc.
http://twitter.com/al3x

natefanaro

Nov 23, 2008, 10:23:46 PM11/23/08
to Twitter Development Talk
If you're getting a 200 back I believe your request sent to twitter is
correct. Go to Settings -> Design -> Change background image. You
should see your uploaded image. Twitter is not showing custom
background images updated through their api if a theme is selected.
Unfortunately the only way to display the background image is to
manually select it while logged in. I am running in to a similar
situation when changing any of the design colors.